Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man is this site entertaining . . . you couldn't make this stuff up if you try. ;:;popcorn

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
joey_lawrence-whoa.gif

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it appears there may be some confusion on what happened and what didn’t happen…however my biggest issue and is a valid one is … my vehicle breaks down or under warranty a local shop fixes is … my boat which in many cases could cost more than my vehicle breaks down and run around is given or you make me drive across 2 states to have it looked at…not saying this is just Valley but most boat dealers…with the cost of these units there needs to be a better service infrastructure across the board…

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
It won't solve your Lund/Dealer/Warranty issue, but you could always find someone who knows how to TIG weld to repair any cracks.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the years I've heard alot of people complain about Valley's customer service and such. I went to school with 3 of them, in fact, one is my classmate, thing is..he don't even work there anymore! Not sticking up for them, never did business with them, just don't know why they left Williston, but set up camp in Minot and Bismarck, there's water whatever you go, so there's shouldn't be any shortage in sales or service around here, Only boat dealership I know here in Williston is MonDak Motorsports and they have diddle squat for inventory.

Manufacturers should least own up for defects, such as the one stated in this thread, Especially if they are covered under the warranty that came with or purchased.

Just amazes me on how one person gets royal treatment at a dealership and then the next guy that walks in gets shit on....

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the years I've heard alot of people complain about Valley's customer service and such. I went to school with 3 of them, in fact, one is my classmate, thing is..he don't even work there anymore! Not sticking up for them, never did business with them, just don't know why they left Williston, but set up camp in Minot and Bismarck, there's water whatever you go, so there's shouldn't be any shortage in sales or service around here, Only boat dealership I know here in Williston is MonDak Motorsports and they have diddle squat for inventory.

Manufacturers should least own up for defects, such as the one stated in this thread, Especially if they are covered under the warranty that came with or purchased.

Just amazes me on how one person gets royal treatment at a dealership and then the next guy that walks in gets shit on....
You did look at the latest pics right? Hard to blame the manufacturer for that

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
By looking at the bottom of that boat it still doesn't look like it hit anything. There are scratches and a big paint flake but I don't see any dents from hitting an object. I can look at the bottom of most boats and if you ever beach them or have dirty bunks the bottom will start to look that way. It's just my opinion but it still seems like a factory issue and a good dealer will go to bat for you with the manufacturer. Just my .02

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
By looking at the bottom of that boat it still doesn't look like it hit anything. There are scratches and a big paint flake but I don't see any dents from hitting an object. I can look at the bottom of most boats and if you ever beach them or have dirty bunks the bottom will start to look that way. It's just my opinion but it still seems like a factory issue and a good dealer will go to bat for you with the manufacturer. Just my .02

He hasnt hit anything. he's hit EVERYTHING

theres no way even the best dealer is going to get that covered under warranty thats obvious abuse. Scratches. dents from hitting waves hard, entire rows of missing rivets, and a crack in the transom? good luck.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure looks to me like there are dents and creases and a bunch of rivets literally sheared off. That doesn't happen from normal use on a 3 year old boat. This thing looks like it took a ride down the pavement to me, so i guess technically he may not have "hit anything". My 25 year old lund looks 100 time's better than this thing and has run aground plenty of times.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You mean if he could sell 20 more boats a year he'd say no? yeah right.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying there is or isnt a factory defect. But looking at those pics, I'm guessing that boat has been rode hard and put away wet. Literally.

He doesn't sell more than he can service/rig in the spring. He has plenty of work in the shop. You don't make squat selling new boats you make it servicing them. He only sells a limited amount of boats each year. Go ahead and doubt me but that is the way it is. Oh by the way he was $7,000 cheaper than Valleley in Bismarck on same boat.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! That boat has been beat like a rented "Red Headed" mule. 3 years and it looks like THAT!?!?! My 1997 has a couple dock scratches, but NOTHING like those pics. Brunswick doesn't have the best customer service reputation, but even I can't blame the dealer or Lund for their stance on this issue. Good Luck!!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I havent dealt with them directly but havent heard much good about them either. I have a 1990 lund pro-v that has seen its share of dings and bumps and I have never had it leak. Maybe they arent built like they used to be tho...

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is always 2 sides to every story............... and somewhere in between is the truth........ and the truth seems obvious to me on this one. That boat was abused.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
In the light of the new pictures, Id say that the missing rivets around the missing paint is self inflicted. however, the 7 rivets missing out of a row as well as the small hole under the plug look very suspect. I had a 1974 Mr. Pike, and still had all of the rivets in 2016. Id have the manufacturer take a look at it. My $0.02

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
mmm doggy, somebody's got some splaining to do..... Wait . A . Minute. Is this Toby?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of ride down the pavement, whatever happened to Stizo?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79