Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my Lund 1650 Rebel from Vallely in Bismarck new in the spring of 2014. Last fall i noticed it started to slowly leak water and started getting worse. I found a few rivets that were leaking and noticed there is a small crack in the transom right under the plug took it to Vallely and they told me there is nothing they can do i have to get a hold of Lund and take it there. After months of trying to get a response from them they told me it dont even take it to them to because they wont warranty it, because i must of hit something. i still have the same prop and lower unit on that i had when i got this dam thing and i know i have not it anything other then a few small floating branches. i have never got stuck on a sand bar with it yet so i know its not from them. just beware of there bad customer service and warranty from both.

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have it but they will want a date and time that i hit something and did the damage now i need to get me a lawyer to fight lund vallely and my insurance.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've yet to be impressed with vallely on anything warranty wise or their workmanship, glad all they sell is shitty Lund's so I don't have to stop there anymore.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have it but they will want a date and time that i hit something and did the damage now i need to get me a lawyer to fight lund vallely and my insurance.

Put pics up riverfisher, if you don't have any deep gouges in your metal shell then it is a strutural defect. Sorry to hear your frustration but i would of been looking at solutions when i noticed it was leaking from day one. You know common sense tells you that if you are going from A to B there shouldn't be any water in the hull if it wasnt raining or rough water. Good luck

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
been stored in heated garage since i got it IMG950981.jpgIMG950961.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wtf are we looking at? Just sell it to someone else. Thats how i got my boat. Assholes are a dime a dozen. Might as well join the club.

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you look at the bottom pick by were the plug goes in you can see the light shinning through were the crack is and the top pick is the seam were it cracked.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf are we looking at? Just sell it to someone else. Thats how i got my boat. Assholes are a dime a dozen. Might as well join the club.
i would rather have it fixed before i sell it but that is the plan to fix it and sell it

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
kinda groddy/gnarly for a 2014?

- - - Updated - - -

i'm confused - aren't boat dealers supposed to deal with the customer?... warranty or not? why do we pay them their cut if they don't act as a go-between?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The seam was welded pop rivet? Or is the white stuff epoxy which was used to hold the seam together.
Another thing is no gussets to keep that seam from flexing no that is a manufacturer defect. Also I would go online and check out the customer complaints for your boat. If this is a common problem with the hull cracking from too much stress.

Last edited:

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea, had a very poor experience with Valley in Bismarck over 4-5 years ago and see it hasn't changed. I replaced a powerhead on a Mariner 125 and went there and asked them to time and tune it and that I would pay for it. The exact words from the service counter why would we do anything for you, you didn't have us put the powerhead on here. I had done it myself and was looking for the time and tune and that was there response. Have never set foot in that place since that day and will bad talk them every chance I get. Worst service response I have ever gotten in my life. Would not spend a penny in there even if it meant never fishing again. dukgnfsn

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
it is pop riveted but the seam is cracked the white the camera made it shine a little bit and harder to see is the crack no epoxy or silicone has been used to try to seal it i have just been running it as is and running the bilge pump that is why its all dirty in there takes in a lot of water

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-86335.html
Check this out riverfisher
Lund Owners - loose rivets/leaks???

Dan
01-08-2002, 05:51 PM
I'm in the market for either a Lund or Crestliner. I have to say I like the quality of the Lund better, but am impressed by both manufacturers. Reading of these Leaky Lunds on this board have me wondering a bit. Should one go for the welded hull instead? Are leaks a major problem withe the lunds. Like I said, I like the feel and quality of the lund better but am worried of loose rivets, etc. Thanks!
01-08-2002, 06:30 PM
When I see the major airlines flying with welded fuselages, I may consider something besides a Lund. Until then, I will stick with the rivited Lund that I own! I believe the analogy is in order!
PJM
01-08-2002, 06:32 PM
Dan

I have owned lund boats for years and have never had a problem with leaking rivets. I am not say it couldn't happen but if lund made boats that leaked they would not be in business. Lund make nice boats and so do Crestliner and there is not a company out there that makes the perfect boat. All boats have pros and cons so go out and look at them and decides which on is set up right for your needs. You won't go wrong with either boat. I said this in an earlier post that they rivet airplanes togather so it can't be all that bad.
Mike
01-08-2002, 06:43 PM
I will pick up my new lund in April. I had some of the same concerns until the sales rep. told me that Lund stands by their riveted construction for the life of the boat. Just like any other "mass production" item, you may run into a lemon now and then, but as long as the company stands by its product you can't go wrong. I know a few Lund owners and haven't heard anything but positive reports from them concerning their boats

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recently Lund's track record on leaking rivets and warranty claims isn't very good. And I thought everybody knew to not buy from Vallely's.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thankfully I have never actually bought something from them, nor will I after experiences I've had with the service dept.. I had a Yamaha motorcycle and had to deal with them a few times. Part of the reason I sold it was so I didn't have to deal with those fucktards anymore.

They once tried to charge me like $150 to change some spark plugs while it was in there for something else. They told me how you had to remove the gas tank etc. I almost believed them because Yamaha engineers would be that stupid. Anyways I get home and check my owners manual and here there was a tool in the bikes toolkit that perfectly removed the plugs. Took about 10 minutes and $5 for plugs.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

lunkerslayer them forums are from 2002

I'm sorry but that shouldn't matter 2002 from when he bought it to 2014 when you bought yours. I would defiantly do a video and send it to lund and your insurance company becuase even if you say it from fishing show them other people's complaints they should cover that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76