Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

cfsfan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweeney, I thought you would figure it out the first time that I didn't reply to your comment. I didn't post on here to get trolled or beatup on. If you have a problem our address is 2800 East Bismarck Expressway, you can come see me anytime.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not trolling just asking thanks for the reply.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record I did see someone about it twice in 08....

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So.............Where's the custom cover? I'm not bashful. Won't buy another lund so........

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did get a cover and it is really nice just not what I ordered. I barely use the thing because I always have to take my trolling motor off and set it in the bow, I will swing into vallely and talk to the boys sometime or give them a call. I have had 9 years to cool down from our deal we made there.

Boone Caudill

I spent my whole lunch hour reading this thread yesterday. Most entertaining part of the whole week so far.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody more patient than me should do a Monty Python meme.... the witch scence.

"Aside from small wooden branches, what else makes a Lund devalue overnight?"

"Oh! Very small rocks?"

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"Hey look, there's a rock pile and some logs. Let's go run them over." Ha ha

If that boat still has the original lower unit and prop, I'd eat one of my son's 5 pound diapers.

This thread is great, BTW.

haha

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL Holy crap, that was almost 4 years ago. Time flies

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went there 3 times looking at a Polaris 4x4 because they have A/C ,3 times out the door, NO HELP, went to Gooseneck in Kenmare and they helped me right away, went home with a JD Gator.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
lunk erslayer;148660 said:
http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-86335.html
I will pick up my new lund in April. I had some of the same concerns until the sales rep. told me that Lund stands by their riveted construction for the life of the boat. Just like any other "mass production" item, you may run into a lemon now and then, but as long as the company stands by its product you can't go wrong. I know a few Lund owners and haven't heard anything but positive reports from them concerning their boats

I wonder if they'll stand by their 1979 hull I have that leaks at the rivets?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How the fuck is vallelys still in business

Why? Because Lund is still the premium aluminum walleye boat manufacturer. If there was another dealer of Lunds in Bismarck, etc...that might be a different story. Until there's a competitor, Vallely is the Lund dealership in the Lake Sak and Oahe area.

Which is a shame.

Thank the Lord I haven't needed much over the years on my 2004 Fisherman.

- - - Updated - - -

antelope poachers nuff said

This....never gets old. I lived in Williston when it happened, I swore a lot when I heard about it.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why? Because Lund is still the premium aluminum walleye boat manufacturer. If there was another dealer of Lunds in Bismarck, etc...that might be a different story. Until there's a competitor, Vallely is the Lund dealership in the Lake Sak and Oahe area.

Which is a shame.

Thank the Lord I haven't needed much over the years on my 2004 Fisherman.

- - - Updated - - -

This....never gets old. I lived in Williston when it happened, I swore a lot when I heard about it.
I understood how they kept Lund while Larry Lovold was president at Lund. He and John Vallely were joined at the hip. But Larry has been gone a long time. The antelope incident should have ended these guys eons ago. And they are priced to the moon compared to any other Lund dealer. It’s just mind boggling

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
my first lund 1991...rebel... every spring before launch I took a floor jack ,got underneath and /cleaned waxed the hull/inspected,after 5 years I had a couple loose rivets and a couple hairline cracks where she rested on the rollers,seems my canadian walleye camping trips with the boat loaded with gear caused the cracks with boat resting on the rollers,first trip to the lund factory (new york mills minn)my issue was covered by warrenty,lund replaced the outter skin N/C by 2001 more hairline cracks this time no warrenty but my home owners ins covered the fix.,same fix new outter skin.

bought a new crestliner that year(2001) as they donot have hull rivets and I was waist deep in musky fishing,somebeeches (muskies) always run under the boat,damn rivets would nick my line and off they would go with a $20 lure,crestliner fixed that for me.

this lund dealer in valley sounds like they pass the buck on repairs etc piss poor business but lund makes a quality boat,later in life I stopped with musky fever and went back to lund,bought the explorer/tiller my puddle jumper rig,no more canadian camping trips,no more hull cracks but a bunk trailer fixed that issue,miss the roller trailer on shallow launches but make due.

BTW wilst at the lund factory walking thru they're storage lot they were loaded with water leaking hulls,the repair guy said all the rigs leaked where they rested on the rollers,buy a bunk trailer so I did so far so good since,still have this old explorer.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76