Morel Mushroom

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You know what they say about a blind squirrel?

IMG_0846.JPGIMG_0847.jpgIMG_0848.JPG

thanks for your help guy(s)! (see what I did there!!!)

Last edited:

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
So easy an 8 year old can do it. She must watch dad hold his fish for the camera! But she forgot to make sure she tucks her elbows in behind the mushroom.....she will get it down. 20190529_181309.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what this is? I am headed back out tomorrow and may pick it to investigate a little further. I have an idea but don't want to persuade anyones opinion.
Screenshot_20190531-224738_Gallery.jpg

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally made it out for a bit on Thursday and Friday. Time was limited Thursday evening, but I did manage to find about 2lbs. Went back out for an hour on Friday morning and came home with 10lbs. I only stopped because my bag was full and I had to head out of town. Easily could've picked another 20-30lbs. They were everywhere!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know its still illegal in ND to posses Psilocybin mushrooms but has anyone especially in the western north dakota actually seen them. I have been seen a lot of this little mushrooms growing around crap but i dont have any desire to try them other then more of a curious thought. Oh yes I have tried them by far the most happy feeling I have ever felt could not stop smiling made my smiling muscles hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt want to start my own thread on shrooms so since I hijacked this thread i apologize in advance

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found some in cow pies out in the badlands. Not sure on the exact species or if they would kill you or not LOL. No I never tried them. 20161029_114418.jpg20161029_114421.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

See Cow pie blurry in the background

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've observed way to many "walking wounded" people who did crap like mushrooms and LSD to have any interest whatsoever in experimenting with my brain's wiring.

The rum is bad enough.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that hen (top pic) looks a tad old - but it's quite the sought after shroom

the jack o'lanterns (second pic) is nasty bad when ingested - but it glows in the dark which is neat

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen the bottom one - unless it's oysters and the pic isn't showing the gills

very cool!

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's Northern Tooth

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting, Guy. I don't know squat about wild mushroom hunting, but I saw plenty of the hen of the woods you mentioned. Have you tried them before? I'm going back this weekend to pull my dads dock.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting, Guy. I don't know squat about wild mushroom hunting, but I saw plenty of the hen of the woods you mentioned. Have you tried them before? I'm going back this weekend to pull my dads dock.

because I'm usually busy with hunting fishing etc in the fall I never have found/eaten one since they're a fall creature

might try this weekend though - I hear they are superb!

with no look-a-likes I wouldn't hesitate trying it if I were you - I see lots of people on the internet harvesting them like mad - everybody raves about them

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
sharptail hunting this past weekend lots of mushrooms growing in the pastures. Pretty sure some of the big white round ones were puff balls but dont know enough about them. have picked morells in the spring.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found some in cow pies out in the badlands. Not sure on the exact species or if they would kill you or not LOL. No I never tried them. rush.jpgfree gear1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

See Cow pie blurry in the background
yes these look exactly like the ones here north of new town, so as far as consuming the shrooms I think in moderation should be ok. The person who I got them from said to only eat half of any part of the mushroom. So i only would eat half the button or half the stem I never took more then that at a time.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
After 10" of rain in the last 2 weeks the shrooms are everywhere. As far as the groovy shrooms I'm way too chicken for that business.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
sharptail hunting this past weekend lots of mushrooms growing in the pastures. Pretty sure some of the big white round ones were puff balls but dont know enough about them. have picked morells in the spring.

These are also edible if you get them when young. Its like having a mushroom steak!

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I would suggest to never ingest any mushroom, not even a little, if you're not 100% sure what it is. Like guy said, all mushrooms are edible, but most only once.

As far as Hen of the Woods mushrooms. I've found some and yes they are freaking delicious. Again, do not eat unless completely sure.

This will help you a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0SxhSDOmHc

- - - Updated - - -

Hen of the Woods (Grifola frondosa) really is a super shroom health wise

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
A gal in MN gave me a Hen Of The Woods a couple days ago. I hear even they can give some sensitive people some regrets.

She's a fricking shroom fanatic. Goes all ninja in searching for them on state land.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I regularly eat puffballs and shaggy mane which are commonly found in North Dakota. Both are good. Lots of shaggy mane in Bismarck right now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74