Morel Mushroom

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Managed some bonus ass-grass...yesterday in the rain. 1707633058106.png

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found some morels last year that were past their prime to eat. I blended them into a slurry, mixed with distilled water, and spread the mix at the base of an elm in my yard that provides great shade.

Any chance these grow?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found some morels last year that were past their prime to eat. I blended them into a slurry, mixed with distilled water, and spread the mix at the base of an elm in my yard that provides great shade.

Any chance these grow?
Love those kind of experiments, I've watched vids of awesome results and the next guy claims that it won't work. there is so much detail that goes into them.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love those kind of experiments, I've watched vids of awesome results and the next guy claims that it won't work. there is so much detail that goes into them.
Well, no detail on my end. I turned them into slurry and spread it. Fingers crossed!!!!

I'll report results. Don't really expect anything, especially the first year

Last edited:

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Any chance these grow?
1683263354284.png

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Any chance these grow?
There is a chance but it may take a couple years and a patch showing up 50yds or more from where you "seeded".

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Any chance these grow?
Also,--keep doing it...I know a farm house in the Hills where they sprout in the backyard due to years of cleaning off the back porch. It's not like planting potatoes. It's a complex deal and mostly more involved than what you'll find on YT which presents lucky situations.

Anyways: They have a too extreme "milky" flavor for my palate and can be dangerous with proper red wine: In general they can be dangerous with alcohol:

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Has anyone found any yet? I am new to morel hunting - when do they typically start showing themselves?

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone found any yet? I am new to morel hunting - when do they typically start showing themselves?
I looked Sunday and wasn’t feeling very optimistic. I’m thinking after this rain they might start showing up this weekend into next week.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77