Morel Mushroom

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't worry. If you happen to find any, DO NOT TOUCH. I will come eradicate all of them for you! :;:cheers

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hoping these warmer temps get them growing. Took a short walk on Thursday and didn't find anything.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know if we are getting to late in the year, but if we get the rain predicted this weekend and then a warm up I think they could boom next week into the warm up.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it possible that they won't come at all? They are predicting rain this weekend, but cooler temps next week. I figured this week would be perfect with the light rain we had over the weekend and the 70 degree temps.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh they'll come. Lilacs in blooms has never really let me down. How are the lilacs looking in Bis/Man?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lilacs are not blooming yet. The dandelions are rapidly growing. On a separate note the asparagus is popping up. Ate some today.

Tundra

Wondering if any of you have found them on the mouse river in the Minot area? I would like to get into looking for them!!!

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I despise mushrooms, but honestly just looking for them sounds kinda fun. Never done it before, might have to try. I would imagine it would be any day now.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I despise mushrooms, but honestly just looking for them sounds kinda fun. Never done it before, might have to try. I would imagine it would be any day now.
Yeah it's basically the adult version of an Easter egg hunt sort of like sheds.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is I saw a pic on a local FB page where a guy had tables and tables covered in morel shrooms. Hundreds and hundreds of them, I don't hunt morel but even I was impressed by his efforts and rewards.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is I saw a pic on a local FB page where a guy had tables and tables covered in morel shrooms. Hundreds and hundreds of them, I don't hunt morel but even I was impressed by his efforts and rewards.
I saw the same thing, made me very very jealous. Cant believe that many have popped out with this cooler weather yet

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That’s Morel Mushroom Boy. Very cool Instagram follow but he ain’t from around here. As far as dedication goes, you don’t know the half of it. You know how some snow goose hunters will head to Texas in the late winter and follow the migration all the way up? He does that for morels.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw the same thing. I could only wish to find half of what he had pictured. I think this cooler weather has kept them down for the time being. I'm not complaining about the moisture, but we could use a few days of sun to bring them out. I'm even contemplating going out in the rain on Friday to check things out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74