Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell us your brothers story. Wtf. This fucker still out there

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell us your brothers story. Wtf. This fucker still out there

Won't go into detail but my brother was out of State and shot with a shotgun and killed many years ago now. A terribly messed up police investigation and they ended up walking. They are all dead now, last one died 2 or 3 years ago. Believe me when i say i wanted revenge! My Mother made me swear that i wouldn't do anything to them and as hard as it was I didn't. Still irks me to this day but she was right as she said sure as heck you will get caught and I would be the one in jail.
They will or are now paying for their crime. The Lord will put everyone on trial come Judgement Day!
Been asked many times why we aren't for gun control? Always have responded "it wasn't the gun that killed my brother". SOME people just can't understand that and you all know the people i am talking about.

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when a law enforcement officer that is supposed to uphold the law breaks the law they should get the maximum penalty and not be able to plea bargain.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
This should have been handled by the state or at least another county. Months ago the Wells County States States Attorney was working with Lawson. How they are allowed to prosecute him? This guy was essentially part of a crime family by looking the other way on the break-ins and taking part in the drugs.

- - - Updated - - -
Small rural counties in ND don't have the funds to pay decent State's Attorneys so they end up with bottom of the barrel attorneys that don't give two shits about upholding the law! The solution is simple create attorney districts just like state created judicial districts. If counties were combined they would have the funds to hire quality full time State's Attorneys that are somewhat competent!

- - - Updated - - -

The worst part is on average in these small counties there isn't enough work on average to keep the attorney even remotely busy for more than 15-30 hours per month and yet their budgets usually run the county 100-150K per year..... and that's for a very small county!

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news...oHs1zSVOEUGCZxNtDvFvhr1D25tN5Cz7Z3qSUDoCF7Xvw

He has plead guilty to Federal embezzlement charges. Sentencing in May. It will be interesting to see if he gets some real prison time out of this.

My question. How much fucking money is the state throwing around when the sheriff of Wells County is able to pocket $750,000?

The Mercer County Sheriff was arrested for DUI in Bismarck. It will be interesting to see what happens in that case. In the age of Uber/Lyft there is no excuse.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, he will get very little time and have to pay nothing back. Our government (all branches) has no clue where OUR money goes because they could give 2 shits how or what it is spent on. The state of ND is 700 million short this biennium because they spend it faster then its coming in. ;:;banghead

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They’re not 700 million short. They may be short in the general fund but they have close to 10 billion hoarded away. Just heard legacy alone has around 6.5 billion

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye your smoking crack again aren't you?

https://www.treasurer.nd.gov/north-dakota-legacy-fund-0

North Dakota is projecting a $700 million budget shortfall despite being ahead of projections in all tax revenues. Legislators say they're confident the revenues will catch up by the end of the biennium.

Lawmakers say, however, they're starting to get concerned over the long-term stability of the state's most valuable resource.

Throughout the biennium, the energy sector has been calling for increased infrastructure spending to match increased demand. But, now there's a shelf life for the industry's growth, and legislators are already looking ahead to when those oil revenues dry up.

Concerns over North Dakota's oil and gas were brought to light at the Capitol Tuesday from both legislators and industry leaders. Revealing they expect another five to 10 years of stable oil production growth.

"We can only grow production for another two to five years, and then all of the drilling activity that we anticipate is only gonna be able to hold that production at a plateau. It's not going to be able to grow beyond that,” said Department of Mineral Resources Director Lynn Helms.

But, the price problems have already begun; 2020 has seen an unexpected drop in oil prices. Helms said international markets could be affected for a year because the coronavirus is slowing down international trade.

"Much of the world's oil supply is consumed by large cargo ships moving stuff between the U.S. and Asia and Europe, and they’re not doing that right now,” said Helms.

Oil and Gas Taxes are expected to make up nearly $4.9 billion of the state's revenue. The next largest source of state revenue doesn't make half of that.

But this comes at a time when North Dakota looks to expand oilfield infrastructure. Calling for $18 billion in the next decade, but investors don't want to wait.

"If I'm a mineral owner, I'd probably prefer my minerals developed in the next several years, then saying we can wait two decades, right?" said North Dakota Petroleum Council President Ron Ness.

The state isn't a stranger to oil booms and busts. North Dakota saw a market crash in the 1980s and just a few years back. Some legislators argued the shortfall is a result of spending not decreasing after revenues dropped. But others argued a tax cut in 2015 played a role as well.

Helms added that the efficiency and value of the Bakken helps the longevity of the region.

From 2017 to 2019, Oil Tax Revenue brought in more than $400 million for the state's General Fund; which is 9 percent of the total General Fund. With the drop in oil revenue, there would be a drop in the Legacy Fund.

According to Legislative Council, the Budget Deficit would jump to $900 Million in 2023 without that fund.

Last edited:

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
"We can only grow production for another two to five years, and then all of the drilling activity that we anticipate is only gonna be able to hold that production at a plateau. It's not going to be able to grow beyond that,”

What do you mean? They told us our kids', kids', grandkids would be working this oil play? Funny how that plays out.

Sarcasm aside, I do believe in a generations time we will improve capture technology again, and still be accessing recoverable oil from the bakken. Its just funny how big they sold it back in 2010-2015. Nothing great lasts forever...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thread seems to have jumped the track from the county issues of a particular county. I couldn't help think in reading all the original topic posts, that the case could be made to change ND from 53 counties to 8? Discuss.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be shocked if Johnny Lawson pays back that money. You can bet that it is long gone and that guy won't earn that kind of money in his life time. Sumbitch better be doing some time as he lucked out of the last charges.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thread seems to have jumped the track from the county issues of a particular county. I couldn't help think in reading all the original topic posts, that the case could be made to change ND from 53 counties to 8? Discuss.

I agree completely. 8 to 12 maybe. It would be a use for one time oil money and a lot more efficient in the long run.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye your smoking crack again aren't you?

https://www.treasurer.nd.gov/north-dakota-legacy-fund-0

North Dakota is projecting a $700 million budget shortfall despite being ahead of projections in all tax revenues. Legislators say they're confident the revenues will catch up by the end of the biennium.

Lawmakers say, however, they're starting to get concerned over the long-term stability of the state's most valuable resource.

Throughout the biennium, the energy sector has been calling for increased infrastructure spending to match increased demand. But, now there's a shelf life for the industry's growth, and legislators are already looking ahead to when those oil revenues dry up.

Concerns over North Dakota's oil and gas were brought to light at the Capitol Tuesday from both legislators and industry leaders. Revealing they expect another five to 10 years of stable oil production growth.

"We can only grow production for another two to five years, and then all of the drilling activity that we anticipate is only gonna be able to hold that production at a plateau. It's not going to be able to grow beyond that,” said Department of Mineral Resources Director Lynn Helms.

But, the price problems have already begun; 2020 has seen an unexpected drop in oil prices. Helms said international markets could be affected for a year because the coronavirus is slowing down international trade.

"Much of the world's oil supply is consumed by large cargo ships moving stuff between the U.S. and Asia and Europe, and they’re not doing that right now,” said Helms.

Oil and Gas Taxes are expected to make up nearly $4.9 billion of the state's revenue. The next largest source of state revenue doesn't make half of that.

But this comes at a time when North Dakota looks to expand oilfield infrastructure. Calling for $18 billion in the next decade, but investors don't want to wait.

"If I'm a mineral owner, I'd probably prefer my minerals developed in the next several years, then saying we can wait two decades, right?" said North Dakota Petroleum Council President Ron Ness.

The state isn't a stranger to oil booms and busts. North Dakota saw a market crash in the 1980s and just a few years back. Some legislators argued the shortfall is a result of spending not decreasing after revenues dropped. But others argued a tax cut in 2015 played a role as well.

Helms added that the efficiency and value of the Bakken helps the longevity of the region.

From 2017 to 2019, Oil Tax Revenue brought in more than $400 million for the state's General Fund; which is 9 percent of the total General Fund. With the drop in oil revenue, there would be a drop in the Legacy Fund.

According to Legislative Council, the Budget Deficit would jump to $900 Million in 2023 without that fund.
its all smoke and mirrors. They want you to believe all the doom and gloom so they can continue to hoard away more money. The damn legacy fun alone has 6.5 billion in it. They have over 10 billion hoarded away in all the different funds so don’t let em blow smoke up your ass

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The year after a legislative session we typically hear about how good the session was and revenue is higher than expected, but we still have challenges to face. Then BAM...it's January 2020...holy crap...things aren't good, we see a shortfall. Oil is going to slow up or "plateau". The picture Lynn Helm painted back in 2013 of 300 drilling rigs, thousands of jobs, drilling for 40 years, NDSU population study had the western part of the state increasing population. Hell....I recall seeing 75,000 people for Dickinson, 100,000 for Williston or somewhere around that figure. Not sure about you, but I sure would like to see that all re-calculated. Whole different picture these days!!!!

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
The year after a legislative session we typically hear about how good the session was and revenue is higher than expected, but we still have challenges to face. Then BAM...it's January 2020...holy crap...things aren't good, we see a shortfall. Oil is going to slow up or "plateau". The picture Lynn Helm painted back in 2013 of 300 drilling rigs, thousands of jobs, drilling for 40 years, NDSU population study had the western part of the state increasing population. Hell....I recall seeing 75,000 people for Dickinson, 100,000 for Williston or somewhere around that figure. Not sure about you, but I sure would like to see that all re-calculated. Whole different picture these days!!!!

Paint the doom and gloom to keep the ballot initiatives away so that they get to funnel more money to their cronies.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Paint the doom and gloom to keep the ballot initiatives away so that they get to funnel more money to their cronies.
All that bullshit hype has caused the schools to go ape shit and want to build all these new building and shit in anticipation of all these new people that aren’t coming

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is sickening that he didn't get any jail time for all the charges he had against him. If any of us had done even one of those things he was charged for the punishment would have been much worse. Makes me wanna protest and riot in the streets. Burn that mfer down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76