Once in a lifetime E3 elk tag

Cabler4656

Hi guys i drew a once in a lifetime elk tag for E3 in ND im new to elk hunting if anybody out there has any kind of advice or tips i would greatly appreciate it.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hi guys i drew a once in a lifetime elk tag for E3 in ND im new to elk hunting if anybody out there has any kind of advice or tips i would greatly appreciate it.

where ar you going to hunt ? Public or private ? And how familiar with the unit are you ?

Cabler4656

Planning on public but one guy im going with knows a few land owners and he said he was going to talk with them

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I haven't drawn a tag, but went with a buddy who drew a few years ago.

My best advice: It is a once in a lifetime tag. Take as much time off and hunt as much as you can.

The buddy I went with only hunted in his unit for 4 days and then ended up shooting a small bull up by an elk farm North of Minot. To each his own I guess, but that is super frustrating to me when guys like that draw a tag and don't even put any effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we were in E3 as well. We stayed at a place just west of Medora...Buffalo Lodge or something like that. The locals know where the elk are, but are pretty tight lipped. We saw a giant bull the last morning out driving up to a spot to glass. Unfortunately he and a small group of cows went onto a piece of private ground. The private was posted and owned by a guy up in Minot. When I called him to ask if we could hunt he said "No, those are my elk. We get land owner tags and shoot those elk ourselves."

Jacob Hanson

Well I've been hunting south of medora and we saw 4 bulls 2 days in a row, a spike a 5x5 a huge 6x6 and a 6x6 with a broken antler right off a rarely traveled road less than 100 yards, one morning and afternoon. (I have a cow tag)

Jacob Hanson

Here are the bull elk I saw

Attachments

image.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104