I've got a ground squirrel infestation

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you are gonna go the water route, use a few five gallon buckets. you can dump em fast.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Put a bounty on them. Bought my son a pellet gun and said a buck for every one he killed. Paid him $15 last year and he's already at $5 for this year. :;:muahaha

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Take a 20# propane tank, attach a hose, turn upside down and put hose down tunnel and turn on gas. LP is heavy'er than air and will displace o2 in tunnel. Gophers don't have a very good lung capacity and die before they can get out. The LP will not burn because of the air to gas ratio so don't try to light it. I worked for a gas company for 5 years so I know.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or 10 pounds of dynamite should do the job quite nicely. Maybe use 15 just to be on the safe side. ;:;rofl

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
We used to have a huge gopher problem back in the day in the house I was raised in. Tried everything, but the most effective was when dad affixed some heavy duty flex tubing to his riding lawn mower exhaust and shoved it in the gopher hole. Ran the mower for 15-20 minutes. No more gophers.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, my dog chased the one out of the yard yesterday so maybe it'll be discouraged from returning. When I was a little kid I'd get real excited about seeing ground squirrels at the zoo in Bismarck. They're still as thick as ever at the zoo. I think I'll heed the advice to live and let live. I'll check back if they become a problem.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, my dog chased the one out of the yard yesterday so maybe it'll be discouraged from returning. When I was a little kid I'd get real excited about seeing ground squirrels at the zoo in Bismarck. They're still as thick as ever at the zoo. I think I'll heed the advice to live and let live. I'll check back if they become a problem.

I still think you're missing out on a golden opportunity for some 1st class NatGeo style video via Catwalker's killer cat.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
untitled-5_0.jpg

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I'm glad this near catastrophe was avoided. Close call

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
See my avatar. Cured my problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I also will old school snare them like my Gramps thought me back in the day. I also have used a hose and a pond or pool cleaning net. Water goes right through net and vermin go right in the net.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a 20# propane tank, attach a hose, turn upside down and put hose down tunnel and turn on gas. LP is heavy'er than air and will displace o2 in tunnel. Gophers don't have a very good lung capacity and die before they can get out. The LP will not burn because of the air to gas ratio so don't try to light it. I worked for a gas company for 5 years so I know.

we did that but than had the bright idea to light the propane. the holes went under a buddys garage he needed an new floor but the explosion and fire shooting out into the night was awesome. might have been some beer involved with that

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
we did that but than had the bright idea to light the propane. the holes went under a buddys garage he needed an new floor but the explosion and fire shooting out into the night was awesome. might have been some beer involved with that

You're like rodent ISIS. Did it kill the critters?

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't leave him around stripies have a tendency to get into things and chew them up...

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"I am all right aint nobody worry about me" now I got that stupid gopher song stuck in my head.;:;banghead

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
"I am all right aint nobody worry about me" now I got that stupid gopher song stuck in my head.;:;banghead

Just level with us, you're a closet Kenny Loggins fan.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're like rodent ISIS. Did it kill the critters?

we never saw them again so i would assume they were dead or left and didnt want to deal with us idiots any more. I have fired the 155 howitzer alot and when the propane lit it was a boom just like it. A nice 6 inch heave in the middle of the floor made us think we got lucky not to die.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well . . . it wasn't ground squirrels this year. After work last night, I let the dogs out and when I went back to feed them I noticed my younger one, Tyson munching some stuff. So, I went over there and he was eating baby rabbits. They looked pretty new born and he ate at least 2 of them, I had to take care of the rest of them. I can't believe the momma rabbit would put them right in the middle of my back yard where the dogs are always at. Tyson was psycho all night digging at the nest trying to find more of them to eat. This morning the momma rabbit was back in the back yard, but took off as the dogs ran out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75