Custom Boat Covers

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just upgraded to a new Stratos 386. Looking for advice / suggestions on custom cover for a glass boat. Would want it for mooring and travel. Previous boat was a Lund with a snap-on bow and cockpit cover. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
These guys did some custom work for me on my existing playpen cover on my pontoon and they did an awesome job.
Not sure if they do complete covers but doesn't hurt to check.
Johns upholstery in mandan, a block south west of Kupper Chevy.
http://johnsupholsterynd.com/

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
If the Stratos cover is like the Range cover. Go that route. Expensive but really nice covers. Any tarp will last longer if you keep them off when towing the boat. Enjoy your new boat.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure on custom cover but I have a 386 and the stratos cover came with and it is a very nice fit and quality

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go with the factory cover... the one on my ranger is super easy to put on and take off... I always use it when I take it on any 2 lane roads

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
TRS industries in fargo and Phil's tarp repair in wahpeton have made custom covers for me and couldn't have been happier on either.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Phils tarp just reworked mine and did a awesome job. Great people to work with.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of you guys with older canvas style boat covers (mine is a '91 boat) spray some sort of water repellent on your tarps once in a while, and if you do what do you use? Thanks.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought a Taylor Made custom boat cover for my Lund. Well I guess it's a semi-custom. It fits fairly well but it is a very light tarp and no way in hell will it last more than ten miles going down the road. It's being sold as a towing tarp. They retail for $450 and I found it new on ebay for $100. That's what it's worth $100. Not a cent more.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
TRS and you can tow it as many miles as you want @ whatever speed you want. The ONLY downside is that they're kind of heavy to manipulate. I'd hate to have to guess how many milesi towed my Crestliner with that TRS tarp, and I know 3yrs since I sold it, it's still working very well.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do have the Stratos cover, but it seams fairly lightweight. Thanks for the input! Happy Father's day & ....and happy fishing! #$%^&>

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
X2
TRS and you can tow it as many miles as you want @ whatever speed you want. The ONLY downside is that they're kind of heavy to manipulate. I'd hate to have to guess how many milesi towed my Crestliner with that TRS tarp, and I know 3yrs since I sold it, it's still working very well.

NDwirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rich at today's custom tarp just made a cover for me and i love it. He is located in North Bismarck and it took him one day to build it. Same set up as the ranger covers with two ratchet straps in the back and two on the side to tighten it down. He warranty's the cover for 5 years (i believe) as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77