Creek Chubs

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
After building a small stream/pond in my backyard, I wanted to stock it with a few fish so I went out to catch some creek chubs. Took the kids out and we had a fun time catching them. I can't believe how big those things get. We caught a number of them that must of been 12 inches and so fat that they would puke up their stomach contents when you grabbed them.

We caught them on what I believe is Sweetbriar Creek west of Bismarck but if you want a more specific area, send me a private message. There are a lot of them there.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anybody knows someplace close to Bismarck (within 40 miles) to catch a lot of crayfish, and you don't mind telling me, I would love to go out and catch them. I love eating those things but all of my old places no longer have them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
so what do you eat on a crayfish. I grabbed one off the buffet last night and it just looked like someone, somehow, took a tiny little shit inside a shell.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
so what do you eat on a crayfish. I grabbed one off the buffet last night and it just looked like someone, somehow, took a tiny little shit inside a shell.

If you were at the new chinese place in Williston, you might be right.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dunk in butter and suck out the brains. Weve bought huge sacks online and sat around eating until we couldnt stand the sight of them.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1rl65f.jpg

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Break off the tail and crack it open, like a lobster. Dunk the tail in butter. Very good.

The stuff you get at many restaurants doesn't compare. Like the difference between store bought tomato and one grown in garden.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 'shit' you see inside the body part of the shell is I think the liver. Some people eat it, but I dont. Id guess traps set along the rock side of harmon lake would catch some crawdads. Also you can do pretty well along the face of the dam up on sak. Maybe between sak and aud also...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74