Another monster Muskie~

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder what a fish like that would weigh full of eggs. To bad some of these musky guides that fish Mills Lacs and the St Lawrence don't weigh some of these pigs. A 57-58incher has to be scratching at 60lbs.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duckslayer,until this year mille lacs has never been stocked,pisses me off till no end that the state allowed some 10,000 fingerlings to be stocked while the natives sit back (once again) and let us non native (even tho I was born here) tax payers try to fix the problem just so they can pilage the lake with gill netts,mean while this summer the lake is on fire with large walleyes even tho we have another year of catch and release only,have a buddy that captains a launch said every day the average catch is 100 walleyes in 4 hrs,best outing for 20folks aboard was 340 walleyes in 4 hours.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duckslayer,until this year mille lacs has never been stocked,pisses me off till no end that the state allowed some 10,000 fingerlings to be stocked while the natives sit back (once again) and let us non native (even tho I was born here) tax payers try to fix the problem just so they can pilage the lake with gill netts,mean while this summer the lake is on fire with large walleyes even tho we have another year of catch and release only,have a buddy that captains a launch said every day the average catch is 100 walleyes in 4 hrs,best outing for 20folks aboard was 340 walleyes in 4 hours.

Yeah, people love to put the blame on musky and northern yet have no fricken clue about biology and ecosystems and the number one cause of walleye mortality----fishermen.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well there went my theory! Figured she was a smart one who knew where easy pickins came from. Turns out she was a smart warhorse who just never felt the need to chase a bucktail.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people love to put the blame on musky and northern yet have no fricken clue about biology and ecosystems and the number one cause of walleye mortality----fishermen.

I blame musky and northern for nothing. I think they're cool buggers. Just can't figure out why anyone would throw something back that tasted that good pickled. It's like snagging a 24-pack of Busch Lights and tossing back in the drink hoping for a micro-brew. Makes no sense.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
release.jpgI suspect this big girls has been stuck many times whether on purpose or incidental like this big bitch a few years back,571/2",bottomed out a 50lb digital scale with its tail resting on the boat bottom,"cpr'd" during a full moon walleye outing in sept on mille lacs.This could be the very same musky?

monster ski.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74