Air bows

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a hunting show this weekend and the gal was using one with a night vision scope shooting pigs.
They seemed pretty neat.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I can't see this working very well up in the cold air, the article does say 3000 psi but at what ambient temp is that psi rated. Even if it's another option for those who have a handicap license for a cross bow I don't see this catching on here.

Bobkat

Established Member
Scuba divers use this type of air bows underwater all the time, rather than the old rubber band stuff you stilll see on TV . Always wondered why some entrpeneur didn’t adapt this principle to above the water arrow flingers, though they could be dangerous without good safeties built in. They could easily shoot an arrow right through another swimmer like an above water arrow. Underwater you cock the cylinder to 2500-3000 psi by hand. Could post a picture and diagram had someone showed this old inexperienced in everything codger how to do post a picture or avatar or whatever without my kids and grandkids here to do it. Anyone that stupid whould be voted off here.
In any rate, I’m out of here. It’s been mostly fun, and somewhat educational.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scuba divers use this type of air bows underwater all the time, rather than the old rubber band stuff you stilll see on TV . Always wondered why some entrpeneur didn’t adapt this principle to above the water arrow flingers, though they could be dangerous without good safeties built in. They could easily shoot an arrow right through another swimmer like an above water arrow. Underwater you cock the cylinder to 2500-3000 psi by hand. Could post a picture and diagram had someone showed this old inexperienced in everything codger how to do post a picture or avatar or whatever without my kids and grandkids here to do it. Anyone that stupid whould be voted off here.
In any rate, I’m out of here. It’s been mostly fun, and somewhat educational.
I am assuming the one they use for underwater use is built considerably different then the one used on land. Being submerged in water would mean everything that is in contact with water would need to be made of a material that does not corrode. The price of the one used under water would be considerably more expensive because of those features.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neat technology - but allowing those to be used for archery tags is an awful idea.

I’d be in support of their being lawful for rifle season though.

Also - what a wonderful poaching tool. 🤮

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't like that in order to use a Crossbow in N.D. and S.D. you need a Dr excuse. In MN if over 60 you can use one.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No, in MN if your 60 yrs old and older you can use a crossbow during the archery season.

Crossbow Hunting Regulations in Minnesota​

Update (July 2014): as of now, anyone over the age of 60 is allowed to hunt with a crossbow during archery season.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75