Akaska SD 1980

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friend of mine from Chiro school has a cabin in Akaska. He told me about this story the last time I was down there. Friggen insane.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were rumors about who was behind this. Supposedly local.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were some locals that were back that weekend that hadn't been back in years, and were known druggies. Then took off quick out of town. A kid I graduated with had a brother he hadn't seen for a while but just happened to be back with a few of his druggie buddies that weekend.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes a guy wonder how many times they got away with it? Landing on the west side of the river would have been a much smarter play. Just a few miles west of there over the river is pretty remote. All gravel and no HWY as the Moreau River comes in there and there are few people and very few roads.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes a guy wonder how many times they got away with it? Landing on the west side of the river would have been a much smarter play. Just a few miles west of there over the river is pretty remote. All gravel and no HWY as the Moreau River comes in there and there are few people and very few roads.
From what i was told it was a one of deal that was going to hit big time. Think back at that time it was pretty remote over there. What are the odds that one guy is out fishing. Other thing is they would have came in after dark if the federalis would not have double crossed them and tried to steal the pot in mexico.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80