Any ice reports?

bink

Anyone been out and have any reports on ice around central ND? I have heard Josephine has 6in

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove by East Park Lake the other day and saw signs of someone having pulled out a sled a fair distance onto the ice. Looked like sevral holes had been drilled.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Patterson in Dickinson had guys fishing it last weekend. 3-4 inches of ice 5 days ago. Should be about double that now

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I caught few on audobon on Monday night.

Attachments

20221114_180536.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only tried and true way to test ice thickness is to stand on the ramp and throw large rocks on to the ice.
Just don’t throw them so far that they go past the end of the boat ramp, they musta sit nicely on the ramp so when people use it next spring they know that safety was a top priority last fall checking ice conditions. Sweet briars ramp was a nightmare two springs ago with large rocks on the ramp ca. only assume it was the ice checking gauge from the prior fall

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Creel bay looks iced over now. Audubon with 7+ inches in the bays. Earliest I remember for years that we have had this much ice this early. I love hard water fishing.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Winter of 14/15 was when I was ice fishing minnewauken flats second week in November out by winchester island. Devils lake ended up getting over 4 feet of ice that winter from the lack of snow, with over 8 foot pressure ridges.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
A
I know there was a Josephine in college that got 6 inches
Her friend Barbara was talking about the same 6 inches. Which to me sounded like safe ice. And they didn’t strike me as ladies who would go ice fishing. But then they started talking about how wet they got. They must’ve ran into a soft spot and fell in. The next day they were saying how they got 10 inches and her eyes rolled in the back of her head. The lesson I learned from this is that Ice is forming fast, and always be careful. You could be like Barbara and Josephine and fall in. Even if the ice looks safe

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75