Attempted Robbery At Local River In Minot Thwarted Off By Concealed Carry.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a heads up to anybody heading down to the river to get a line wet. Just the other day, a person I know, a really good guy, took their grandson down to the river to spend a little quality time. It was just him and his 12 year old grandson fishing until 4 mexicans showed up that were boozing it up. After a bit the guy decided to leave because he could sense things weren't right. He and his grandson packed their stuff up and headed up to the truck, one of the mexicans followed em up. As they were putting stuff away the guy felt a hand touch his shoulder. He turns around and there's the mexican standing there, he says "money, give me the money". He stayed calm and said sure, first he told his grandson to go stand on the other side of the pickup before things went any further. Mexican piece of garbage was getting impatient he said. Guy said just a second, my wallet is in my glovebox. (No it wasn't actually). Anywho, dude opens glovebox and mexican tool is looking around, guy closes glovebox and swings around and points the .45 right at his head with the barrel poking him. He asked him, "how much did ya want?" Mexican guy about shit himself he said. He said it took everything he had to not pull the trigger. One of the main reasons was the grandson was there, he didn't want him to have to see or live with that. Cops did ask though, "why didn't you shoot him?"

And this is why I carry everywhere I go nowadays. You just never know when you are going to need it.
Good guys 1 scumbag 0.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn't he hold him at gunpoint till the cops got there?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn't he hold him at gunpoint till the cops got there?

After thinking about it for a second he did. They did not get away actually. Said they hooked him for attempted robbery. Not sure why I forgot that, was thinking they got away. That's from a different event, from tonight actually.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should've commanded him to put one hand on the other and shot a hole through the both of them. Tell him thats what we do to thieves around here. Wonder if that would be legal.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boat ramp harrassment is no reason to kill a person. Good on him for using a gun appropriately, lest we begin ice pirate executions. Ended just right, teach that grandson the right kind of lesson.

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad him and his grandson are safe! one more for the good guy!!!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
After thinking about it for a second he did. They did not get away actually. Said they hooked him for attempted robbery. Not sure why I forgot that, was thinking they got away. That's from a different event, from tonight actually.

Tell us the story of the ones that got away. :confused:

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad it turned out the way it did and everything, but to actually consider shooting someone in the head who's not physically threatening or showing a weapon is a little extreme in my book

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like an every day deal in little msp. We have all sorts of aggressive begging. I would never say just a minute or allude to where my weapon is. I would of did a 2 second analyze and deal with him on the spot. Doesn't sound like the guy was armed and if he was u just gave him time to pull on u by turning your back

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad it turned out the way it did and everything, but to actually consider shooting someone in the head who's not physically threatening or showing a weapon is a little extreme in my book

...and that's probably why he didn't pull the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like an every day deal in little msp. We have all sorts of aggressive begging. I would never say just a minute or allude to where my weapon is. I would of did a 2 second analyze and deal with him on the spot. Doesn't sound like the guy was armed and if he was u just gave him time to pull on u by turning your back

Coulda woulda shoulda. It worked out right. I bet next time that gun is on his hip.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could have made a compromise and shot his pecker off.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man Dead Following Early Morning Shooting in Minot A man has died following an early Sunday morning shooting incident near Minot’s downtown area.
Minot police say they responded to the alley between the 10 block of First Street Southwest and South Broadway shortly after 3:10 a.m. after a caller reported multiple gunshots.
Officers found two victims on scene, a 43-year-old female and a 30-year-old male, with gunshot wounds. Paramedics transported both to Trinity Hospital , where doctors pronounced the man dead. The woman is still being treated for her injuries.
No word yet on what caused the incident. Minot police are continuing their investigation. We will have more information as it becomes available This shit is getting old !!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 158
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79