Best Thermos

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking ahead to fall/winter and I am in need of a new thermos. Not looking to break the bank and not needing the absolute top of the line, so with that in mind does anyone have any suggestions?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stanley has been keeping my coffee hot for hours per use, and years of service must be about 30.
Preheat the thermos for a few minutes with hot water prior to pouring your coffee into it, and limit the number of times you break the seal. Will keep coffee pretty hot for close to 5-6 hours depending on if its in your truck, or on the ice.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got an old Stanley thats got to be 40 years old and still works like a charm. Just pre-heat and its good to go for at least 6 hrs. Cooling the same way. LB

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks! You guys made this easy.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my Stanley thermos. I also have a Contigo stainless steel coffee mug. It holds 25 or so ounces and does a better job of keeping my drink hot.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are these Stanley products interchangeable with a boat trailer wheel? JohnR, I know you have some experience with using a Yeti cooler instead of tires. What say you?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are these Stanley products interchangeable with a boat trailer wheel? JohnR, I know you have some experience with using a Yeti cooler instead of tires. What say you?
That Yeti cooler was a beast under the 5th wheel, still cant believe nothing, other than the cooler was effed up.
After spending a months worth of income buying various Yeti products, I am resorting back to my usual cheap self and shopping the blue light specials.
I sure wont need another cooler for the rest of my life, ever.
I have a wall in the garage with assorted style coolers, soft sided, big, little, back pack style, even a spigot style like the McDonalds orange drink was served in.
Mrs johnr is not impressed with me on some of my frivolous adventures.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Stanley that has treated me well during the winter, but I'll be the Yeti guy... NOTHING has compared to any of my Yeti's.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
That Yeti cooler was a beast under the 5th wheel, still cant believe nothing, other than the cooler was effed up.
After spending a months worth of income buying various Yeti products, I am resorting back to my usual cheap self and shopping the blue light specials.
I sure wont need another cooler for the rest of my life, ever.
I have a wall in the garage with assorted style coolers, soft sided, big, little, back pack style, even a spigot style like the McDonalds orange drink was served in.
Mrs johnr is not impressed with me on some of my frivolous adventures.
I too have more coolers than anyone could ever use. I store garden stuff in a couple of them. The German background makes it difficult to throw things away!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70