Bow hanging options?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually just have a screw in step or something similar that I hang my bow on when hunting from the treestand. But, after getting burned again tonight my a deer that caught me by surprise and not being able to get to it, I am looking for options. There seems to be two different ways, the multi arm hanging option or the ones that mount on the footrest area of the stand. I think I like the footrest idea better but worry some about knocking it off. The arm ones look decent but not sure how they really are. I would like something that puts the bow in a place where I don't have to turn all the way around to grab the bow...just small movement to pick it up. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the realtree bow hanger with the two pivot points and have it hanging right in front of your face so you only have to reach a little ways.
FB_IMG_1667826080509.jpg

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stand the majority of the time. The arm mounts look good but as said there is a lot of potential for things to go bad. I may get a footrest mounted one and a arm mount and try both.

Freedom

★ Legendary Member
The pivot point worried me at first but I got a few years using a cheap single pivot that works ok. Definitely see how having two pivots would make things much easier for setup, I gotta be careful to screw mine in at just the right spot or it's nearly useless

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I second 5575. That's what I use. They are handy. You can swing it out of the way or leave it in front of you. Give it a try I think you will like it.
Fish On!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I couldn't afford a sit down tree stand, I made a leather pouch that hung from my belt and the bottom of the bow would fit into so I wasn't holding any weight and my hand was always on the bow grip. It worked fine until really cold weather. Then I had to wear heavy choppers to hold the bow and the wrist strap would bind a bit. I liked to be able to move into position the instant I saw a deer coming so if a shot presented itself I only had to lift the bow out of the pouch when I drew. Good Luck!!

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always used the multi arm one that way the bow is out in front with arrow knocked ready to go. For me whether I am sitting or standing set the arm a little high that way when I lift it off the arm it is already in a natural position to draw. Just a few times of practice with arm it can help reduce movement when the opportunity arises. I believe most bowhunters are busted trying to draw. This is what I found that works for me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67