cancer

Happycamper

Honored Member
Cancer

I picked up my prescription of Abiraterone from The Pharmacy today. Sticker shock is a total understatement. I didn’t work 24/7/365 so the CEO of Pfizer could fuck me in the ass with exorbitant prices to match his lifestyle. $14,000 for a 1 months supply of a drug we have no way of knowing will do the trick. I’m gonna die, big deal. Given the State of the country it might be the easy way out but damit, I sure would like to drop the hammer on some of these Biden/Harris worshipers.

I’ve always known I would get Prostate cancer, heck, if you live long enough and you’re a bonafide male, we’re all going to get it. I just didn’t realize the greed that would accompany the disease.

I’m suspending further treatment, what’s the point? I’ve always jokingly said “eat right, exercise, listen to your Dr, You’re gonna die anyway. And now, faced with the reality I’m darn glad I lived, hunted, fished through the best days the Dakota’s had to offer. Also I introduced youngsters into the outdoors and they are the bonus of a life well lived.

This is no dress rehersal, life is what you make it, it goes fast, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about this expensive prescription, and of course the reason for it.
I take a daily pill, Losartan, to lower my blood pressure, its $8.00 for a 3 month fill. Seems like there should be no reason for a $14,000 prescription, unless its made out of gold

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Absolute bullshit, plain and simple. It’s not like prostate cancer popped into existence 4 months ago. This type of stuff ticks me off. Sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope you beat it, and big pharma can go ahead and piss right off.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The feds spend ten times as much on breast cancer, and if memory serves me more men are dying. Ill bet they spend 20 times as much or more on AIDS.
Sorry to hear of your predicament Happycamper. My brother went with the radioactive seads maybe 15 years ago. Still kicking.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
best of luck going your way on this. db

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shop it -- My dad had the 3k per month bullshit Northrea --- they would only sell it via big pharmacy. I called a local one and got a generic that wasnt suppose to be out yet. I got it at a fraction vs what the humana and the rest of big pharma wanted. Ways around it - just takes some major shopping.

This country is the country of to many laws. One should be able to walk into the grocery store (just like MX) and throw it in the cart along with a 30pack.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alot of them have coupons or special buys - go to the website and see if you qualify for one.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Godspeed Happy. Sorry again about that bullshit last year. You're a great guy and I wish you strength.

Advertised on C2C AM for years:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s no surprise that drugs are expensive. Both parties are recipients of big pharmaceutical cash.
There has to be some way to get those meds cheaper.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member

abiraterone​

120 tablets 250mg
Logo of Thrifty White Pharmacy

$222.18
BINPCNGroupMember ID
015995GDCDR33CFU486092

Coupon • Last updated Sep 13

Thrifty White via GoodRx has a coupon that can be processed that may reduce the cost of #120 tablets to $222.18. May be worth checking out.

https://www.goodrx.com/abiraterone

Happycamper

Honored Member
problem is, it's tough to take this seriously. I feel so darn good, have an appetite and a good pee stream. If I were hurting it might be a different story. I will have blood in my urine if I spend time on the tractor mower. Other than that. nada. Will turn 79 next month. I feel blessed.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I admire you, I feel Id be allot like you. But like others have said, shop around you'll probably find a deal like the one mentioned above and fight this crap. Im sure there are more folks than you think that couldn't stand to see you go!
Hang in there Happy!

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
God bless you Happy - hope and pray the Lord will lay his healing hands on you. You are spot on - life is precious...appreciate the little things...make the most of each and every day!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
problem is, it's tough to take this seriously. I feel so darn good, have an appetite and a good pee stream. If I were hurting it might be a different story. I will have blood in my urine if I spend time on the tractor mower. Other than that. nada. Will turn 79 next month. I feel blessed.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cancer

I picked up my prescription of Abiraterone from The Pharmacy today. Sticker shock is a total understatement. I didn’t work 24/7/365 so the CEO of Pfizer could fuck me in the ass with exorbitant prices to match his lifestyle. $14,000 for a 1 months supply of a drug we have no way of knowing will do the trick. I’m gonna die, big deal. Given the State of the country it might be the easy way out but damit, I sure would like to drop the hammer on some of these Biden/Harris worshipers.

I’ve always known I would get Prostate cancer, heck, if you live long enough and you’re a bonafide male, we’re all going to get it. I just didn’t realize the greed that would accompany the disease.

I’m suspending further treatment, what’s the point? I’ve always jokingly said “eat right, exercise, listen to your Dr, You’re gonna die anyway. And now, faced with the reality I’m darn glad I lived, hunted, fished through the best days the Dakota’s had to offer. Also I introduced youngsters into the outdoors and they are the bonus of a life well lived.

This is no dress rehersal, life is what you make it, it goes fast, tomorrow is not guaranteed.
So you have prostate cancer? What’s your age? What’s the story on it? Not operable?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77