CO2 Pistols for Training/Practice

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the mid 90's I consistently missed "Expert" by 1-2 shots with the M9 until I bought a CO2 Crosman of like size. I wore it out in about five years. It had/has adjustable sights and was zeroed from a "bench" at 25yds. This decision was a PB as "Pistol Expert" defined by Air Farce standards quickly became a joke: "Front Sight"(slow fire) or "Point". With the air pistol you can practice all the time with various stunts/techniques for pennies. As long as the pellet fits properly in the (ammo) cylinder you're good to go. The point is hits not bug-eye groups. (A full cylinder from a rest produced "penny" groups at 25 using heavier RWS/Gamo wadcutters).

I zeroed the pistol at 25 then quickly began dicking around and built confidence near shooting a rifle. One can practice slow fire drills (Air Farce) and pop off random shit economically with little noise and relative safety. IME; slow fire is best with a full cylinder decreasing to popping beer cans at "legal"/"average" (7yds) distance. YET another bonus is a low CO2 cylinder forces concentration on follow through. It's also fun to see pellets stick like darts in a cinder block. Another, another bonus can be lead collection for ball/bullet casting. Does anyone else have a dirty version of the Daisy Cottage Cheese song floating about in your mind?...Did Daisy do this intentionally?

Handgun shooting is a perishable skill. I promise:

https://americancop.com/maximizing-your-ccw-practice-with-a-co2-pistol/

Last edited:

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I've got a cheapo ruger replica co2 bb pistol I got for free but I think they are 25 bucks or so. Have shredded a few beer cans with it although where i live I can shoot my 22 pistol all I want so that gets the bulk of the plinking. Might pull the bb gun out this winter to plink in the shop if its too cold outside.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75