Corona Virus....How Long?

How long does Coronavirus get worse before it gets better?

• Less than one month

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • two to six months

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Six months to a year

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Over a year

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2 Years or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Serious question.

How long do you think this thing gets worse before it gets better? Go

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thnk we have about 3-4 weeks in the U.S. before it's going the other direction for good.

The whole social distancing thing, etc? Probably less.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
June. I think we got behind. I was as wrong as wrong could be when this first started I thought it was just another bullshit deal. It’s easy for us to sit here and Monday morning qb. Lots of hard decisions to be made

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
June. I think we got behind. I was as wrong as wrong could be when this first started I thought it was just another bullshit deal. It’s easy for us to sit here and Monday morning qb. Lots of hard decisions to be made
Same.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had to guess I'd say Israel will have this cases solved within the next 30 days.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that it's like pushing a rope, You might have a vaccine developed but the testing takes so long.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I thnk we have about 3-4 weeks in the U.S. before it's going the other direction for good.

The whole social distancing thing, etc? Probably less.

So we should be good for open water season Allen...gonna hold you to that!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm with KurtR and think we have people who aren't taking the social distancing seriously which will slow the progress down. Want to do open water fishing as that keeps people pretty well separated and can go with one or two who I know have also been very fussy about who they have been around.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kansas has shut schools down for the rest of the year, and it looks like Nebraska is following suit. We just got a call today saying it is likely that the remainder of the year will be taught online in some format. I think Allen is a little short, I hope Kurtr is long...but he may be right...

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It won’t be uniform. There will be hotspots where people just won’t get the memo and it will likely persist for a very long time. The flyover states will have the benefit of a more spread out populations and it will taper out faster.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
What irks me is right now we've been dealing with this for several weeks in the US, and less regionally/locally. The rest of the world much longer. The powers that be have had time to research, discuss and plan, and yet we still seem to be flying by the set of or pants. Knee-jerk-reaction policies may be short-term solutions -- like making a fire break to keep a forest fire from spreading -- but it's not long term. If this stay-in-place stuff goes much longer, it'll cripple our economy.

Timing literally could not be worse for my industry. We're in the 'tween season when it's always slower, and now this has virtually put things at a standstill. Our cancellation rate from customers is huge for THEIR fear of COVID-19. That fear spreads worse than the virus, to the point we have employees asking to be laid off because they want to self-quarantine. No techs to run calls means no dollars in the door.

I'm OK with that if we're given some sort of timeline or benchmark to plan for. As it stands, there's nothing but "flatten the curve."

You do realize what flatten the curve means, right? It has nothing to do with decreasing the amount of people who get sick or die. It's everything to do with allowing the hospitals time to take care of the people who do get sick.

We need plans/policies in place that allow us to pivot businesses models without crippling the ability to allow folks to work and make money.

First order is to reopen schools. That'll immediately allow 20 percent of hospital workforce to go back to work, thus allowing their capacity to be greater to handle testing and care for COVID-19 patients.

We also need to keep hammering the fact that you CAN allow people into your homes/lives as long as both parties (customer/company) are screening ahead of time, and everyone follows social distancing protocol. I think disinfecting/hand washing goes without saying.

I'll do my civil duty and follow protocol -- to a point. But everyone has their limits, and if this continues for weeks or months with the same tired buzz phrases and no substance, a lot of folks are going to say enough is enough.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As long as the electricity stays on I can make it quite awhile.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duckslayer do you have kids in school? My kids are older so this doesn't include me as much but if you have a younger family with kids in elementary and possibly little ones at home I don't want them going back to school until I know for sure this crap is over. Little kids aren't overly concerned about hygiene and teachers can't watch every moment. Sending them back before this is on the decline will do nothing but kick it back into gear

Last edited:

★ Legendary Member
I think by April 3rd the question will be in great focus for ND and the next couple of weeks following we will see a slowed improvement of our current life. I am then predicting by the end of May a large social gathering for some of our members to hug it out and determine who gets to play the card of I TOLD YOU SO. ;:;rofl

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say peak of new cases in May. Tapering down from there. Still will be hotspots like others have said. By the end of summer it will be dwindling. In SD, I don't foresee us going back to school this year. Economically, I don't think it will be "the same" even in a year. Those businesses that survived will be back to normal, but there will be a lot that aren't. I know one restaurant in town told their employees they were done yesterday, and that is permanent.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say peak of new cases in May. Tapering down from there. Still will be hotspots like others have said. By the end of summer it will be dwindling. In SD, I don't foresee us going back to school this year. Economically, I don't think it will be "the same" even in a year. Those businesses that survived will be back to normal, but there will be a lot that aren't. I know one restaurant in town told their employees they were done yesterday, and that is permanent.

What town

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76