Dark chocolate lab

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking for a dark chocolate lab like my Neco please, I am interested in traveling to get an exceptional breed. Pm please with information I will be posting in the for sale also thanks guys

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy shit yes let keep it Minnesota south dakota Montana and of course north dakota

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol. Have a buddy that is having two litters sometime this winter. Works class type animals.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunk,
If you do get one in OK. if it is close to Highway 83 we can pick it up on our way to NoDak next Spring if that would help you out. We usually come up the second half of May sometime.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How exceptional are we talking. AFC,fc, mh, and ghrc. There are a couple I have seen that would be exceptional but going to be some high power dogs.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know what i mean by exceptional, i mean both neco's parents came from champion bloodlines and I paid 1200 dollars for him plus another 800 for training. All that is gone now puff like a fart into the wind, you know maybe I am not supposed to have a pet. Am I wrong to think that a dog is an investment to ones life, I know he brought lots of joy to me but I was hoping to do some hunting with him more than just one time. This just sucks

Another things is i have had only one dog of my own so my exceptional is probably much lower than someone else right now knowing I can't get more then a couple years out of a dog.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not a dog expert by any stretch of the imagination but my little experience and what I have learned over the years is that pure bred dogs are often problematic health wise. Maybe you should consider a mixed breed. They can also be "exceptional" hunting dogs and can be around for many years of affection. Purebreds are often a waste of a lot of money. My 2 cents.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey Lunk, sorry about Neco. I’m a lab lover too but have more experience with black and yellow labs. Curious what it is about chocolates that you like?

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not a dog expert by any stretch of the imagination but my little experience and what I have learned over the years is that pure bred dogs are often problematic health wise. Maybe you should consider a mixed breed. They can also be "exceptional" hunting dogs and can be around for many years of affection. Purebreds are often a waste of a lot of money. My 2 cents.

with a good breeder most of that is bread out using genetic testing. Doc, hips, elbows and eyes could all be good in labs if back yard breeders would quick trying to make a buck

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always liked the dark chocolate look its just a preference, the chocolate is considered an inferior trait of the three colors which does make them some what less desirable to some. When I was a kid we had a chocolate lab and he was the kindest sweetest dog so yeah just a preference sluggo

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know what i mean by exceptional, i mean both neco's parents came from champion bloodlines and I paid 1200 dollars for him plus another 800 for training. All that is gone now puff like a fart into the wind, you know maybe I am not supposed to have a pet. Am I wrong to think that a dog is an investment to ones life, I know he brought lots of joy to me but I was hoping to do some hunting with him more than just one time. This just sucks

Another things is i have had only one dog of my own so my exceptional is probably much lower than someone else right now knowing I can't get more then a couple years out of a dog.

there are a couple good breedings on the field trails puppies for sale face book page

7D982CCC-9031-4C75-9894-F13595CCA9A7.jpg

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
with a good breeder most of that is bread out using genetic testing. Doc, hips, elbows and eyes could all be good in labs if back yard breeders would quick trying to make a buck
Yeah a guy needs to watch out for back yard breeders. The mother needs to have testing done to certify she has good hips etc. No way in hell would I buy a lab without testing because I have seen too many pups develop hip issues and cause pain to the family that owns it.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My yellow lab came from a reputable breeder with all the "papers" and a healthy price but she still died at less then a year old. My next dog was a black lab mix from a shelter. He was the best dog I ever owned and I barely taught him a thing. In fact he taught me way more than I taught him. He was an absolute hunting machine. My point is the more you spend doesn't guarantee a damn thing. Dogs are a crap shoot like everything else in life. I will say I doubt I will go with a pure breed from a "hunting trial expert breeder" again. Those dogs seem too high strung and not as sociable as a family type breeder. Just my opinion. Chances are your next dog will live a long healthy life so make a good decision when picking it out. Good luck with your next pup Lunk!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My yellow lab came from a reputable breeder with all the "papers" and a healthy price but she still died at less then a year old. My next dog was a black lab mix from a shelter. He was the best dog I ever owned and I barely taught him a thing. In fact he taught me way more than I taught him. He was an absolute hunting machine. My point is the more you spend doesn't guarantee a damn thing. Dogs are a crap shoot like everything else in life. I will say I doubt I will go with a pure breed from a "hunting trial expert breeder" again. Those dogs seem too high strung and not as sociable as a family type breeder. Just my opinion. Chances are your next dog will live a long healthy life so make a good decision when picking it out. Good luck with your next pup Lunk!

what did the breeder do as most all come with a 24 month guarantee.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74