Fort Yates Ramp Update

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone, guessing tribal Game n Fish, but IDK, maybe state, installed a low water ramp over the sand.
20220820_101618.jpg
You'll have to back out a ways, but should be doable.
Now the fish need to turn on!!

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wouldn't leave a bicycle at that ramp let alone a pickup. The one time I went there the vault toilet was missing a door and the other was full of bullet holes, graffiti and hanging by one hinge. Every other vault in the state is clean and always stocked with toilet paper. Not sure why that ramp is so different than all the others...

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't leave a bicycle at that ramp let alone a pickup. The one time I went there the vault toilet was missing a door and the other was full of bullet holes, graffiti and hanging by one hinge. Every other vault in the state is clean and always stocked with toilet paper. Not sure why that ramp is so different than all the others...

I have a good guess!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone, guessing tribal Game n Fish, but IDK, maybe state, installed a low water ramp over the sand.
Shafer&Filson.jpg
You'll have to back out a ways, but should be doable.
Now the fish need to turn on!!

is that at walker bottoms if so it was the Coe

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No the one right in town. And yes park your vehicle there at your own risk. I park mine there all the time. The only time I've ever had a problem with someone messing with my shit was in Mobridge at the low water ramp at The Bay 16 years ago. Someone stole my receiver hitch off my truck while I was fishing!!! Unhooked trailer and headed out with it.

- - - Updated - - -

is that at walker bottoms if so it was the Coe

The one at walker Bottoms us a good concrete ramp right into the channel. If someone would clear out the sand and work the parking it would really be nice. I haven't been up there since June, maybe they did, but I doubt it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No the one right in town. And yes park your vehicle there at your own risk. I park mine there all the time. The only time I've ever had a problem with someone messing with my shit was in Mobridge at the low water ramp at The Bay 16 years ago. Someone stole my receiver hitch off my truck while I was fishing!!! Unhooked trailer and headed out with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The one at walker Bottoms us a good concrete ramp right into the channel. If someone would clear out the sand and work the parking it would really be nice. I haven't been up there since June, maybe they did, but I doubt it.

we hauled a bunch of gravel up there and they were going to clean it and place the gravel. That was three weeks ago

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh cool, thanks. I hope they put a dock in too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80