Goofy Dog

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With all the wind driven snow we have got my dog kennel is all but full of snow except right next to house. There is about 4'' of fence sticking out of the snow on about 90% of the fence. With the warm we had for a few days it crusted over real good so my lab can walk on it but she never steps over. She will walk all around in the path next to the stubby fence but never over. Then there is the sleeping up side down, all 4 legs straight up in the air and head hanging over the chair seat also up side down and looking at you in an inverted world. Wonder why we love them so much!!! Also think she can tell time, wife gets back from work around 6 and if she is not feed by 6:15 she will go get her bowl and bring it in the kitchen to be filled and will not eat until put back by her water dish. Creature of habit? How about yours? LB

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our lab/hound mix, 80 lbs, sits on top of the couch back like a cat looking out the window and waiting waiting waiting for us to get home. Then he acts like a 10 lb lap dog and curls up on your lap. Little dog trapped in a big dog body.

Love him to death, even if he isn't a hunter!

Last edited:

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our lab/wirehair mix sleeps on tables and our blackstone grill. We also have our boat tarped and in our fenced in backyard in the winter. He sits on the tarp all day when my wife and I are at work waiting for us to come home, not in the nice heated entry way.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our lab/wirehair mix sleeps on tables and our blackstone grill. We also have our boat tarped and in our fenced in backyard in the winter. He sits on the tarp all day when my wife and I are at work waiting for us to come home, not in the nice heated entry way.

Does he know when you're coming home and leaves the nice, heated entryway in time to wait for you on the tarp?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Our pup's....we are blessed having our doggo's,mine (golden retriever) is a stalker,70lb lber,follows me everywhere,rides shotgun in the truck,even the shitter,sits on my feet watching the tele at night,wouldn't have it any other way.

it's amazing how well they train us,just like the lab with his food bowl above,love it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a little dog inside and he figured out that if he just goes out side he gets a treat my wifes dog and diesel has her trained . My new lab has watched this and thought he would get in on that game but to his disappointment i knew what he was up to. He likes to sleep feet up. Not supposed to be on the carpet in the house but he will belly crawl real slow next thing you know he is laying right by the couch

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine also lays 20211224_103115.jpg on back of couch all the time, looking out the window and waiting. Sleeps with her tongue hanging out all the time which gets dried out like shoe leather.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
my male lab when i got him 7 years ago it was like 30 below for the first 2 weeks so we potty trained him in the garage. when it gets really cold ill open the door to let him out and he will balk and try to get let in the garage, hasnt worked in 6 years but he keeps trying.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We are blessed as humans to have the most faithful/loyal/loving creature ever created by the man upstairs. Next to man himself, dogs may in fact be God's greatest creation!

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We are blessed as humans to have the most faithful/loyal/loving creature ever created by the man upstairs. Next to man himself, dogs may in fact be God's greatest creation!

Or they may be the #1 creation instead of #2. Think about it. They are the perfect parasites who get most everything they want with little effort other than loving us, the hosts. Works at our house.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine will also hunt gophers like a cat. She dont eat them but tears them to shreds with the most violent head shake I have ever seen. LB

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
After this blow pooch will not even be able to find the kennel fence. Its under 2ft of snow now. LB

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Or they may be the #1 creation instead of #2. Think about it. They are the perfect parasites who get most everything they want with little effort other than loving us, the hosts. Works at our house.

Never have equated my dog with a parasite. Parasites eat and destroy their host - I have never owned a dog who took more than they gave...I cannot assign a price to the loyalty/devotion/love I've received from the dogs I've owned. Just my take...

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never have equated my dog with a parasite. Parasites eat and destroy their host - I have never owned a dog who took more than they gave...I cannot assign a price to the loyalty/devotion/love I've received from the dogs I've owned. Just my take...

Ditto. Fireone, I get what you were saying, but at the heart of it many dogs are so selfless that it doesn't fit. Mine would likely lay down his life for mine. I respect that more than ticks any day!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74