hogslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hot off the press....

1672957711183.png

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe just introduced and a long way from law but will be interesting to see how G&F fights it.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
The government restricting a government agency from making unnecessary rules I guess I'll take it. That said I have mixed feelings on this, it does set poor precedent potentially hamstringing the ndgf.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This should be good. It took putting hunting into North Dakota's Constitution to keep the anti hunters at bay. Apparently enough people think this bill needs to be a law to keep the GnF ban hammers at bay.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enough people complain about a regulation and it can be overruled via legislature, brilliant. I’m all for having the G&F prove that bait bans actually work but this is a bad idea. Remember, there’s a lot of people who don’t like trapping. Lots of people who hate hound hunting or mounting lion hunting in general.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better start getting the younger crowd of outdoors men and women involved in legislating, or it may be a shittier show when term limits start to cycle. Sure glad I was around for the good ol days.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Another angle here:

If this bill passes, NDGF will have an easy scapegoat when more testing continues to find more CWD. I think I'd rather see baiting banned statewide, so we can give a big 'I told you so' to "the experts" when the ban changes nothing.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing this bill shows is just how strong the bow hunting lobby is. And why you will never see a “one tag per year” rule brought into play.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
So these legislators are biologist now?
You see the way it works is people contact their reps, and then the reps do their bidding..... at least thats how it worked for me when I asked my rep to join on with the legalizing of night hunting with lights and such...

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It appears to me from the comments made sofar, we will not agree, the legislative will be confused, and this bill will go nowhere. Just like the speaker of the house. db

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ND Game and Fish will have to show their science.
Do those promoting the bill have to do the same? Seems to me the onus would be on them to provide proof as well in order to demand change. Problem is neither side can really prove or disprove anything.

Again, no dog in this fight other than I don’t want to see game laws changed due to emotional motivation.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do those promoting the bill have to do the same? Seems to me the onus would be on them to provide proof as well in order to demand change.

It is incumbent upon a claimant to substantiate a claim, i.e. innocent until proven guilty. NDGF asserts that CWD necessitates banning of baiting; therefore they must defend that assertion. Not the other way around.

Also no dog in this fight other than having no tolerance for incompetent "experts" and bureaucrats.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure the legislature takes the G&F word as gospel. They walk on water and no one questions what they say or want. That's the impression I've always gotten from conversations with legislators in the past. This bill goes nowhere fast! It will be scoffed at.
Fish On!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88