I need a idea for snacks on the traeger

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we have the meat portion figured out. Fest party on Sat --- i need some ideas for something different that doesnt require a bunch of prep for the traeger

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smoked cheddar sticks. Did this in my smoker with indirect smoke to keep the temps down and it turned out great. Even if you melt the cheese a bit, it will still make a fabulous smoked cheddar chip dip. Good Luck.

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chex Mix turns out great. It does take some babysitting with stirring it every 15 minutes.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are good. You can make some kickass queso too but that requires a little prep chopping up the ingredients

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
smoked almonds hot off the que kick a$$

- - - Updated - - -

poppers

- - - Updated - - -

mini naan from Costco with humus

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smoked baked potatoes are wonderful. You could also smoke, then split, hollow them out a bit and add cheese/bacon/sour-cream.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not really a snack, but I made pumpkin & pecan pies for Thanksgiving last year and it was a hit....smoked the pecans first, and then the pies.

I used left over smoked pecans and made some pralines which were excellent as well.

Anything you would normally bake (cookies, brownies, chex mix, etc.) we have also done and always turn out well.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"Bullalo turds(poppers) lay a party dink smokey weiner inside the hollow sliced jalapeno pepper,thin slice of jack cheese then very thin smoked bacon wrap,bring bacon to room temp to avoid using tooth picks....killer,so good I seldom share.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pineapple slices, dipped in sweetened condensed milk and dusted with confection sugar. Grill them lightly. Taste like candy, and pretty much no prep.

And they look good on the plate too.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd personally go lighter than normal on the smoke if the air quality doesn't improve. My bride and I love smoked foods so I made a smoked feast for her birthday, we both agreed the smoke in the air made the food taste a lot lot less desirable. I called it a flop.

I'm a fan of shrimp for a side or appetizer , for an easy day at the grill I cook it in tinfoil with butter and spices.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dry rubbed smoked wings and bring some buffalo sauce, honey BBQ, s&v and ranch for dips.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fire roasted vegetables are easy and good. I cheat and use a bag of them from the Schwan man. I just line a metal grilling bowl with alm foil, a little greese and season salt. Grill 20 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are done mmmmmm good

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
a buddy of mine does smoked hard boiled eggs and also smokes cheese (cold smoke).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74