I passed on him

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was in my sights quite a few times. I also missed a few shots. So then I borrowed the pellet gun equivalent to a 300WM. After waiting a few days wanting to pick the perfect shot. I decided to let him live. He is the smallest and the last of a family of Red Squirrels that has been in our yard this last summer. He is also IMO the meanest, toughest and busiest. The wife has a tray feeder hanging from a Maple with peanuts and seeds for the Woodpeckers and Blue Jays. He has to jump about 2 plus feet to get on it. He doesn't seem to mind the Blue Jays however he hates the crows. There are a couple that are in the area. If they land on the tray he always jumps at them. He even jumped off the tree at ones that are on the ground under the tree. If he is in the area they (the crows) just circle from above. Anyway I hung-up the gun and he is getting a pass.
Need to name him now. Any suggestions?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I might as well name my pest "the little bugger" because that's what I call him. Last year I hung up one of those bell shaped bird seed things just to see how the birds liked it and about an hour later the little bugger found a way to get to it and he chewed the plastic hanger stem off and dropped it to the ground. I have one eye on the feeder right now because the little bugger is always trying to figure out a new way how to get a free meal. I bought 2 new smaller hanging feeders this year and was mad because I thought they were junk because the wind was swinging them and tipping them to the side so feed falls out. Wife just saw the little bugger take a jump at one of them so it spills some on the ground and the little bugger jumped down to eat it.

I don't really mind them , They haven't caused any damage so far except one hit the bare wire breaker on the transformer right before we were going on a 2 week vacation so would have been a mess to come home to.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feed alot of critters too they are pigs and sometimes clean a few out from time to time 22 works great.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd name him "Behave yourself or you die!" Though I'm not a fan of the destructive little shits either.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One got into my brothers Minnie Winnie through a roof vent yrs ago when it was parked at his shop. Little shit couldn't get out and completely trashed it inside beyond repair. He has a vendetta against squirrels now.

TakItEz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to admit the slingshot is genius..... I have to try this..... :ROFLMAO:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a cottontail eat some wires off a brand-new lawn mower when we moved to the farm, none of his relation have been safe since nor will they ever be. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67