Insomnia

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How did ya beat it? Haven't slept in 4 months hardly. Went to doc n told him im falling apart mentally from sleep deprivation. Got sleeping pills but, I don't have faith in them nothing has ever put me down and kept me there. Tried them last night with bad results. Doubled the dose tonight. I should already be sleeping. The problem is not falling asleep, it's staying asleep. What happens is i can only sleep in 2 hour blocks. Once a week ile sleep 4 in a row, what a dam treat i tell ya. Imagine pretty much being awake/around for 24 hours a day it seems like for months on end lol. Anybody stumble across the magic potion yet?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go on a bender. Fish outside in this stuff. Excercise in morning. Note what time I am writing this don't go to bed early

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had it happen for a period of time more than once. Never have slept well.
but for me it's in the mind and the mind not letting me sleep.
need to distract the mind from whatever to allow it to let you sleep.
try pills and that just made it worse.
when you wrote this you are letting your mind control the no sleep problem
work on when you wake up the focus of falling asleep by your thoughts. Db
your ok and all around you is well and fine

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
For years i have gotten 15 minutes at a time. Every time i move i wake up. Wouldn't know what a good nights sleep is anymore.
I feel your pain.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did they draw blood. Hormones being messed up can really f with sleep. A sleep study was really beneficial for my wife. When I work out hard I sleep way better I will wake up every few hours if I don't and it gets worse more days I miss lifting. I have a Fitbit and I tracks sleep it is interesting what it shows and had helped me get more and better sleep.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The doctor gave me sleeping pills, I think they got them at the candy store, didn't go any good, I go to sleep fast but wake up about 2 or 3 hrs, later, then I start thinking about something and I'am up, so dam tired by 7o/c in the morning I need to take a nap, but have go to work

ejolliffe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try a different bed. If you have a spare bedroom try it for a night. Also, tell the wife the doc said sex each night till it gets better!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs johnr will rub my back. Gets me a relaxed and empties my thoughts. I can usually get around 5-6 hours of solid sleep. Then toss and turn for a couple more.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cooter, I thought maybe medical marijuana when the dumb asses in Bismarck get everything figured out

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried pills, hated them. Needed exhaustion to get decent sleep. But my trouble is falling asleep. When I had a TV in the bedroom, I turned on close captioning because I had trouble understanding the dialoge. When commercial came on, I closed my eyes to rest them, out like a light. Now I do that, just with netflix on a tablet, no commercials but I end up asleep. I was supposed to do a sleep study as the old hyde said it sounds like I quit breathing... (I think it was her pillow over my face), but I lost a bit of weight and that seemed to help. My MIL had restless legs and a bar of Ivory soap under the sheet and she was happy. Good luck, brain fog sucks. I think sleep deprivation is also tied to short term memory loss.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fresh air and physical exercise will help a lot. If you snore pretty bad, look into seeing if you have obstructive sleep apnea. Anti-anxiety treatments may calm your brain if that's the problem.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took the sleep test and they said I stopped breathing 31 times an hour. They said I woke 41 times an hour. I don't remember any of that stuff, but I have not felt rested for 20 years. So I have a CPAP machine now. I have only had it for a week so it's actually keeping me awake yet. It's going to take some getting used to.

My wife was always jealous that I fell asleep within a minute. She would be talking and I would start snoring. Sometimes I would be talking and stopped then five seconds I started snoring. Turns out I thought I was getting eight hours of sleep and the doctor tells me I am getting about an hour and a half of real sleep. So I'm hoping this thing will work. My oxygen was down to 84 percent and the doctor said that is in the danger area.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my brothers has battled sleeping for years. He found the best way to sleep is by having a special homemade brownie for a snack. Pills are very addictive.

wasichu2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tylenol PM. Don't get it mixed up with your other blue pills.Worth 4 hrs of sleep.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So says my wife who works in that field. You may have sleep apnea so a sleep study will be worth your while.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77