• I am ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I am not ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 19 11.1%

• Total voters

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friends wife just started using MM about 6 months ago. Evidently it helps her with something, I dont know what she got the scrip for exactly, but I do know for sure shes a lot more pleasant to be around now than she used to be... That must be a 'side effect' of the devils lettuce!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friends wife just started using MM about 6 months ago. Evidently it helps her with something, I dont know what she got the scrip for exactly, but I do know for sure shes a lot more pleasant to be around now than she used to be... That must be a 'side effect' of the devils lettuce!
I'm going to hazard a guess that she got a MM card for anxiety.

Probably better than getting a prescription for valium, or just about any of the other anti-anxiety meds.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most people that I knew and hung around with in my younger years were all part of the easy and care free mentality.
One thing I hope the federal government can figure with certainty in testing of mj on who are 100 percent under the influence rather than putting everyone in the same category as all the other drugs that are tested. We all know that marijuana is not like other drugs and how it stays in a user's system for much longer and it's high last much shorter than those same drugs. That is the reason why I am excited about this bill going through so we can finally get some clinical answers that most people would like to know especially those who have to explain why can't i smoke pot crowd without coming off as an ass with because I told you so.
Knowledge is power and even if that knowledge continues to change.

Bobkat

Established Member
Good info Bobcat , I remember in the old fishing buddy days when you were on the other side of the fence .
I’m like most people. Who was indoctrinated with the mj is bad stuff since early childhood. I first saw that stupid movie “ marijuana madness” in Sunday school in the early 50’s, then again in school a couple of weeks later. Heck, back them everybody KNEW what horrible stuff it was, yet there had been literally zero scientific work on it and the so-called “ research” was all fabricated nonsense!
Finally we are getting more and better research and are finding lots of positive uses for it, more to come, but also some bad stuff about it too! Have to keep an open mind on this. Wish I knew what was being done with it in 20-30 years in the future but my a tal ball isn’t working.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somehow--some way the two Fla "zombies" were found to have only THC in their blood. Which goes back to my point of the Soviet Union spending more money on the "peace" movement than arming the Viet Clintong. Pot is fucking weird :) . Quoting JR--"A high society is easily controlled". I'll add: Diminishing returns will be swift.

1669327161571.png

This may sting @50yds:

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This version SUCKS. It has zero power. I've found the album version impossible to find on YT. CD is available online. Two albums are available via Amazon and E-bay. When the first/correct version of this tune was played on Ga radio I was hooked:

They got this far <. Imagine the above sounding like this. It's a big prescence with great drumming:

Last edited:

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't use it but had a lot of friends that did back in school. I just feel its hard to tell your kids that you wouldn't like them to use it when the govt says its ok. Just read an article where alot of the growers in Cali are going broke because they have to follow all kinds of regulations and are highly taxed. For this reason the legal stuff is very expensive causing illegal sellers to steal most of the customers with their much cheaper product. This was the big selling point of legalization, all the tax money that it would bring in and that the illegal drug dealers would disappear and neither is the case there.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
7, Grandma and Grandpa are retired and Grandma wants to get off of a shitty big phama drug. Everything in this thread seems to go in one ear and out the other. Try to come up with a half assed sensible reason while you sip your favorite adult beverage. The deadliest drug on the market that kills 10,000 people on the road alone per year in USA. But, I get it, partially, Land of the free right ?

Bobkat

Established Member
I'm going to hazard a guess that she got a MM card for anxiety.

Probably better than getting a prescription for valium, or just about any of the other anti-anxiety meds.
A good friends father was in a dementia unit where staff was finding. It difficult to control, behavioral problems to the point of being impossible to control. On someone’s advice, (I have no idea who would dare suggest doing such a horrible, awful thing!!) the family tried sneaking in some Indica variety cannibis gummies and darned if he didn’t settle down to the point where they were easily able to take him home where he’s living quite happily, takes his 1or 2 gummies per day and still living a happy life. His family is happy too! Fits back in ok. Should whomever suggested trying it on a trial and error basis go to Fed prison for a few years?
The problem is that there’s a bunch of felonies associated with this.first if you do get a cannibis card, it is illegal to gibe them away or sell them to anyone else, most nursing homes have strict rules against unapprovedmeds, in this case even worse because of the classification of the drug making it a felony. Yes a family member or caregiver can get a. Mj card to buy it for a patient but this is a headache for some caregivers too. Cross a state line and risk a stay in a slammer! A good friend of mines brother found this out the hard way! Long story, but illustrates Lots of potential legal problems everywhere. A doctor can give out free samples of a drug in a sincere effort to try it on some conditions but that’s a felony too, and few docs want to risk their livelihood, medical licence, etc.
bottom line is that cannibis does have some positive uses, probably many good uses that will only increase with good research. But at this stage you are pretty well on your own.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A good friends father was in a dementia unit where staff was finding. It difficult to control, behavioral problems to the point of being impossible to control. On someone’s advice, (I have no idea who would dare suggest doing such a horrible, awful thing!!) the family tried sneaking in some Indica variety cannibis gummies and darned if he didn’t settle down to the point where they were easily able to take him home where he’s living quite happily, takes his 1or 2 gummies per day and still living a happy life. His family is happy too! Fits back in ok. Should whomever suggested trying it on a trial and error basis go to Fed prison for a few years?
The problem is that there’s a bunch of felonies associated with this.first if you do get a cannibis card, it is illegal to gibe them away or sell them to anyone else, most nursing homes have strict rules against unapprovedmeds, in this case even worse because of the classification of the drug making it a felony. Yes a family member or caregiver can get a. Mj card to buy it for a patient but this is a headache for some caregivers too. Cross a state line and risk a stay in a slammer! A good friend of mines brother found this out the hard way! Long story, but illustrates Lots of potential legal problems everywhere. A doctor can give out free samples of a drug in a sincere effort to try it on some conditions but that’s a felony too, and few docs want to risk their livelihood, medical licence, etc.
bottom line is that cannibis does have some positive uses, probably many good uses that will only increase with good research. But at this stage you are pretty well on your own.
Did it also do anything for his dementia? Is he calm because of the high, or has it brought him back a bit from the terrors of his disease?
Serious question, as I think this is awesome news for this particular family. If a person is going through this, what a miracle for them.
I pray to never have to go through this Alzheimer's, or dementia personally, or with my loved ones.
Thanks for the story, it actually sways my stance on this.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I occasionally find myself visiting a dementia unit and hearing some of the residents crying out from their rooms is heartbreaking. I have wondered if it wouldn't help to get these people an edible. It sure seems a lot cheaper and safer than other alternatives.

Bobkat

Established Member
Did it also do anything for his dementia? Is he calm because of the high, or has it brought him back a bit from the terrors of his disease?
Serious question, as I think this is awesome news for this particular family. If a person is going through this, what a miracle for them.
I pray to never have to go through this Alzheimer's, or dementia personally, or with my loved ones.
Thanks for the story, it actually sways my stance on this.
I dunno if it does anything to change the Alzheimer disease process itself or simply works like a calming settling down process. In any case I’ve heard other anecdotal success stories, and of course there’ll be failures of treatment too. I’ll get criticized for saying the I doubt that cannibis actually treats the cause or changes the disease process much per se and a lot of the success stories are mainly it’s relaxing/ tranquillizing effect of the stuff, rather than truly TREATING the cause or pathogenesis is of the disease itself. Depending on the aim of treatment, using any of the sativa varieties of cannibis helps produce a ‘ mini high’ which can make hurting people feel a lot better. If cannibis lifts the spirit of a hurting, depressed terminal individual so what? It works better in a lot of cases better than standard state of the art pharmaceuticals developed for the same purpose - make the poor hurting patient feel better with less side effects than traditional medicine.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
7, Grandma and Grandpa are retired and Grandma wants to get off of a shitty big phama drug. Everything in this thread seems to go in one ear and out the other. Try to come up with a half assed sensible reason while you sip your favorite adult beverage. The deadliest drug on the market that kills 10,000 people on the road alone per year in USA. But, I get it, partially, Land of the free right ?
What points am I missing Bob et al?

Y'all won't-- still I suggest researching my posts on the two most current MJ threads. I'm for medical use (not smoking for health) even as medical benefits are still anecdotal as is seemingly every fucking thing currently out of the WHO and AMA. AGAIN--I concede all negative points about alcohol and believe it's more than enough for our society to tackle. Y'all know damn right my concerns and I've posted disagreement from my "brother" since 2nd grade. I have another "brother" from the 4th grade who's a pharmacist. In his view the only legitimate thing MJ is dispensed is for appetite motivation per his reading, knowledge and experience.

Y'all know gd well and good this is not an altruistic "medical" push: It's backdoor for legally smoking a joint "around the fire"--(OK--"fine"). Greg Gutfeld is fucked up in his logic. This is not a 2A argument. You can't powder a gun and get high on the dust. There's a few "laws" (seemingly NOT enforced in "gun controlled" areas) which prohibit handling a firearm(?)--ATF "definition" while under the "influence".

AGAIN--Alcohol is water soluble and is removed from the body at the approximate rate of 1oz per hour. MJ, etc (even nicotine!!--for life insurance purposes) is fat soluble and detectable for up to 90 days.

Please Lord NO: If you're involved in a major incident you're going to be examined like a corpse. Until current laws are codified to modify/loosen "intoxication" (2nd grade pard); "Camp Lejeune" lawyers will have another field day.

We now have open faggot fun in the military along with a transvestite high in the Navy medical system. How fun are the shower tents downrange?

It's a much mocked "slippery slope": Per Gutfeld's logic/endgame we could descend to anarchy and a few could emerge with decent hope IMO: Twenty or so years ago deviants were able to converge and now child molesters should be called "minor attractive".

There MUST be a wall.

Read and reflect Bobkat before calling me a racist. The folks chipping against this wall may have good points and must be acknowledged/defeated on both sides. IMO the MJ side of this argument is fraught with holes.

Clapton is said to having no memory of this show. That's a damn shame and it's actually anti-dope. Probably the best live version of a tune ever recorded. Sounds like a good party (FUN FACT: Merle Haggard was actually lampooning Muskogee OK): That is all.

Bonus:

Bonus bonus:

Last edited:

Silver

I am OK with legalizing tightly controlled medical marijuana. There seems to be many positives for this. But TOTALLY against legalizing it across the board.

Why do we need to compound the social problems that we already have in this country? Is it only for the tax revenue? That is NEVER a good enough reason.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75