Lotting Letters are posted!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome!! Now I'll spend the next week trying to figure it out. LOL!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Not much info on the lotting letter. I checked the NAFA grading sheet and there is much more abbreviations on their sheet such as underprime, early, silky, etc. etc. etc. Did they change their way of grading to the more simplified method I'm seeing now?? Just trying to find out if my stuff was overprime, early, or whatever so I can try to tailor my next seasons efforts.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
can some one explain the grading and lotting to this newbie? im not quite sure what you guys are talking about i assume its the quality of fur but what kinda things do they look for? whats good? whats bad?... i have so much to learn.....

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, those definition and descriptions cover all furs, not many of them are used for coyotes. But on most sales lotting letters they list the quality description, but it appears they left that out for this sale.

arrowdem, it's really hard to explain in writing, you almost have to see it in person.

coyotetrapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
can some one explain the grading and lotting to this newbie? im not quite sure what you guys are talking about i assume its the quality of fur but what kinda things do they look for? whats good? whats bad?... i have so much to learn.....

I agree with JMF it can be difficult to explain. But here is a link you can look at. It has some explanation in it. I use this to compare what is graded on my coyotes.

http://www.nafa.ca/trapper/Resources/TechManual/NAFA_TechManual_2009_Coyote.pdf

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76