Mr. Mom

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've decided that my wife will be stay at home. However, she is going back to work for 2 weeks (good pay). So im taking time off to be Mr. mom. Any tips? Keep in mind, they are twins.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been MR mom for over the last year. I only work about 20 to 30 hours a week when the kids are in school. I love it enjoy the time they grow up fast. Don't get peed on.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whiskey! Enjoy every minute, if things get ruff a car ride has always done wonders for my kids.

If you took my first advice call Uber itll be like a nanny.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. When you buy socks, buy packs of plain white matching socks. It's nearly impossible now to find plain baby/kid socks that don't have 3 to 6 unique pairs in a pack. They do this intentionally so when you lose one of those tiny little bastards you lose the pair because there's not another sock to match the "orphan" sock. You're going to lose those things like crazy.

2. Get bottles with the disposable plastic liners. They're awesome and lead to much less gassy baby. Playtex seemed to make a quality unit.

3. If you need a baby swing, get one that alternates from side-to-side to for-and-aft. You'd be amazed how switching directions will calm a fussy baby.

4. Target sells these swaddling blankets that are really thin and stretchy, kind of like heavy duty cheese clothe. They're not cheap, but they last forever and make swaddling a breeze. Definitely worth the $.

5. If your wife uses a pump, you can use FSA or HSA dollers to pay for it.

6. Cook things you can eat with one hand. An easy way around this is to stock up on tortillas and make everything a burrito.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Auggie just invite grandma over for breakfast every day and you will be fine. Hardest part is trying to do the household chores and find time to make dinner. Grandmas are best imo, they have a knack for it.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife is a stay at home mom. God bless her heart. If I'm alone with the 3 kids for an hour if she goes shopping or something at night I about cry. lol

We have 3 kids and the oldest is 3. Can be a little chaotic.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have 6 grandkids that are all under the age of 5, Talk about a 3 ring circus when my wife and I babysit all of em at the same time so our two boys can take their wives go out on a double date. It's a lot of fun but they play us out. Two weeks straight and I wouldn't have to fake a coma.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
When clicking on this I thought for sure it was about Caitlyn Jenner.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69