Ribs In Beer

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how they kept that plastic pan from melting???

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First off,has anyone tried pulling the inner skin off loin ribs? JHC what a pain in the ass,second what a waste of perfectly good ribs,no grill or smokey flavor...interesting alternative tho.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all, it wasn't a plastic pan. It was steel coated with a non-stick surface. Also, removing that inner membrane is easy-peasy. I use a pair of pliers to hold on to it and just pull it off. Takes no time at all and allows smoke, brine, and flavors to reach the edible meat between the ribs.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
That was quite a production. Especially the 1960's cop show music.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
First off,has anyone tried pulling the inner skin off loin ribs? JHC what a pain in the ass,second what a waste of perfectly good ribs,no grill or smokey flavor...interesting alternative tho.

I had divorced guy in the apartment on Friday night in mind. Boiled potatoes are for mashing. These poor defeated fuck ribs would be better paired with KFC slaw and tater tots.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
So many emotions watching ribs cooked in this way instead of smoking them.....

However, I love cooking and am always open to different things. This looks like it has potential!

I do wonder how tender the ribs will end up. I'm a snob when it comes to the right "fall off the bone" texture for ribs. And curious on how it is without the smoke flavor.

Why not use pork chops I wonder?

Not sure I'll try this one but it intrigues me!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can (and should) pull off the "inner skin" when you cook baby back ribs to get smoke and BBQ sauce to the meat better. I just use a kitchen butter knife to get under the skin at one end (so it doesn't cut thru the skin) and then grab the skin with a paper towel in my hand (so it doesn't slip off the skin) and pull the skin off. Easy peasy!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Add some liquid smoke to the plastic skillet if you feel like you NEED smoke on the ribs.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with some liquid smoke and what ever you want for flavor a tin foil pan and some tin foil in 350* oven, and you don't have to keep running outside to check on your fabulous pellet grill that run out of pellets

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last two comments should be an automatic revocation of a man card. Also you both should have to just eat boiled hotdogs going forward#$%^&>;:;rofl

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Says the guy that reels his reel right handed as shown.#$%^&> ::: LB

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m ambidextrous with a fishing reel and I stand by my statements:;:cheers

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with boiled hotdogs and mashed potatoes with butter

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lived on beans and cut up hot dogs, sometimes added a few slices of american cheese. Ask any divorced man that got taken to the cleaners. LB

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The other thought of leaving the membrane on ribs is it keeps the juices in to help render and break down to tenderize. When ribs are about done throw them on a screaming hot grill and the membrane basically disintegrates. Have done both ways.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I always thought an additional benefit of smoking any kind of food was the time available to have a beer, or beers, while tending the smoker.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A tasty rib alternative from grill/smoking is spare ribs n saur kraut in the slow cooker and those small red tartors. all day on low.

As far as removing the membrane I talked to a famous dave's cook/mgr asked him about removing the membrane...he said "NO" they leave it on to hold moisture.

Local ghetto pit boss in the hood told me years ago remove it or leave it chef choice,but remember "low n slow" never serve swine before it's time. Usually a 12 pack of "colt 45" and the ribs are done over charcoal indirect.

True in most cases,howver Louisiana style loin ribs are darn good as well,I like the charred bark.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75