Sheet Rock Screws, nails, etc.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was cleaning up the garage this past rainy day and GOOD GRIEF do I have sheet rock screws and other fastening items. Seems that any time I had to put up a sheet of sheet rock or a piece of wood I seemed to have inherited or gained or somehow acquired a bucket of screws or nails to get the job done. Most came with the house when I bought it as the guy was a wood worker, but I guess I didn't comprehend the true magnitude of what was hiding back under the tables. Not fun to move either. Moral of the story.."Ask the neighbor if he has any spare screws or nails before going out a buying some for a job. He might have plenty he wants to part with. It could save you some money."

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear ya... the local hardware store changed brands of the fasteners they carry... when they did they put the 1# and 5# boxes of the old brand fasteners on sale for like $1 and 3$... needless to say i'm the proud owner of a metric shit-ton of fasteners that I will never use... or even know where T.F. to use them even... but they were cheap, and you never know.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
after renovating one house then building a new house i have lots of Fastners, then i went to a lumber yard auction sale and screws were to cheap to pass up.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Try being in the drywall business and retire and thats when all those 1/2 full 5 gal buckets magickly craw out of nowhere until they become a shit ton, and I kid you not. Could have stayed in business for another 5 years and never bought another screw or nail. LB

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought he who dies with the most coffee cans full of screw wins? Don't tell me I've been playing this all wrong!

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have a giant black bag of pvc pipe randomness sitting in my basement utility room. It has been there for over a decade.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80