Snowmobile mover system

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an old mover that we used on 70 and 80's artic cats. Its a square y with about 8" rubber coated forks that point in. You slide it up the sled from the rear until you get under engine and then push down on the rear long leg of the y and there is a little chain that you hook to rear of sled. You lift the rear end. It has a t-bar on rear. The front is on 2 6to8" rubber wheels and its real easy to push around. Its buried in my shop some where and if I have to move it one more time its going to the dump. Have not had a sled for 25 years. Anyone interested? I am in the trading mood. LB

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used the dollies and they suck. The one guy posted works on some but not all newer sleds. We move our grooming sleds around and the concrete is a PITA. We got these now and while they are not perfect, they do the job. Won't mean much if you've got studs, but if you are just worried about carbides they do well.

https://shop.tracksusa.com/tracks-usa-ski-boots-detail.htm?productid=-3387813

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mines an 02, so not the "modern" weird-looking kind. What I'm not so sure about on the one I posted is the tiny rear caster. Those things suck if your concrete is less than immaculate. I suppose I could rig a bigger wheel on it...

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking the one you posted on Amazon would be pretty flimsy deal. Only 69 reviewers doesn't sound promising either.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dad had a 68 panther with a big ass hirth engine 595cc if I remember right but that was a long time ago. Just know it was a big sled. Way bigger than the Cheetahs and Jags that I used to run. That lift worked on all of them to slide them around. Kind of looks like what Guy posted on Amazon. LB

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad had a 68 panther with a big ass hirth engine 595cc if I remember right but that was a long time ago. Just know it was a big sled. Way bigger than the Cheetahs and Jags that I used to run. That lift worked on all of them to slide them around. Kind of looks like what Guy posted on Amazon. LB
A buddy had one of these back in the day. His was a 634cc Hirth.
His sled had the chrome side pipes on it.
Those sleds had torque but were a dog for speed.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thats it. Had a real nice level run across our hay field and would make a few passes to make sure nothing underneath and then open her up. No real hole shot but would do better than 80 MPH and that was moving back then. LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy had one of these back in the day. His was a 634cc Hirth.
His sled had the chrome side pipes on it.
Those sleds had torque but were a dog for speed.

We had a neighbor that had one too, his had the 760 Hirth . I used to love the sound those things made . In deep snow they would beat anything around .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was a cool neighbor , He also had the first Polaris TX800 I ever laid eyes on. That thing was bad ass too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75