Thank you Fritz

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you Fritz. I had never heard of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers until the valuable information you posted. I looked into them a little after reading your opinion, and sure enough the are a bonified hunter, angler, and public land support group. I hope to do my small part and add a couple dozen members if I have to go door to door. My membership information arrived while I was doing a little touring including the Bundy area. I walked across the Virgin River his boys talked about. Beautiful country. 20180523_110238.jpg

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure you're excited to work with the HSUS again. Or Yvon Chouinard (Patagonia), against Grizzly hunting in the lower 48.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure you're excited to work with the HSUS again. Or Yvon Chouinard (Patagonia), against Grizzly hunting in the lower 48.

Huh? Can you explain? I've never heard anything bad about Backcountry before.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huh? Can you explain? I've never heard anything bad about Backcountry before.

They are on the same side of the table/working with several groups that aren't exactly pro hunting, but people overlook it because they say they are fighting for public lands.

Nope, I'm all for grizzly hunting.

Then why support a group that supports and takes money from somebody that is against it?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I'm disappointed in myself for taking the bait.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
tawney is a darsh for sure. the cause is a good one and ill stand behind it for the time being. hope we can get that guy out of the drivers seat.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sportsman for Obama....Greedy land grabbers...I think I just summed up your memorial weekend. Have fun.

I think the numbers just started creeping up on Stans Dads poll.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all seriousness I had not heard about Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. I was also unaware of a group supporting public land. In an ironic twist I am grateful to Fritz for the heads up.
When in Utah and Nevada the past couple of weeks the tourists are mostly unaware of the American Land Council and the Farm Bureau support for giving public land to states. Not one single fellow camper thought it was a good idea. I talked to a few other tourists at the BLM Escalante office and they were angry about such an idea. After that trip I'm not nearly as worried about the land grab. A politician that advocates for it may survive in some areas, but in the majority of this nation his career is over.
If your a hunter this should be good news. Because some people jump on this should be no reason we can not talk about it. Some want us to shut up, but if we do we have already lost.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like he needs one too me....

Or this one
Land-Tawney-Public-Lands.jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do understand that one can just ignore certain things on here.
But for me this site is slowly going the way of FB with all the slams and now the top three topics on the site contain all these slams.

Does this site no good. I am not interest in your bitterness toward someone and do not need to hear it. So in time someone will need to be band and certain topics will need to be band and on it goes the way of FB.

So yes as stated all one needs to do is ignore those topics that contain 90% of negative comments/slams from a few. And then maybe the whole NDA. DB-2

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Should I make it your avatar?

Ha. It wouldn;t be like that bed wetter thing where your stuck with it would it? Maybe plainsman's as a reward for this starting this thread? :)

- - - Updated - - -

tawney is a darsh for sure. the cause is a good one and ill stand behind it for the time being. hope we can get that guy out of the drivers seat.

One thing to consider is that it might not be just Land Tawney that needs to be replaced. There are lots of people helping elect liberals and the like out there, it is a board that knowingly hired him given his history and ties to these other orgs.

Despite the fools claims and accusations I actually support public lands when they are managed as they used to be under the multiple use agreements before the groups funding BHA and others like the Sierra Club ect...got people embedded in these federal agencies. .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 69