UND Nickname Game Is Over

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish this was going to be the new logo, but I don't think so.

fightinghawks.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some just can't let it go, its almost funny, almost.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep! Those white privileged guys on horseback defending Hispanics from tyranny and helping them reach their independence. Yeah, Those Racist Guys!! (Grin)

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep! Those white privileged guys on horseback defending Hispanics from tyranny and helping them reach their independence. Yeah, Those Racist Guys!! (Grin)

they did it so they could get their greedy white hands on Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines - you racist!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
These racists were in CUBA trying to secure cigar supplies. I'm pretty sure some other racist guys took guam from the guamians at a later date because their sand was pretty, puerto rico still doesn't know what the hell they want to be and the present racists are patiently waiting for them to get that done so we can either take it away or break it, and the racists got the hell out of the philippines because the philippeans started to charge to much for drinks. Racists....pfftt...realists is more like it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The racism of the hawk is well documented, and must not be ignored.

Why must UND continue with this blatant oversight. We will not be silenced.
Signed
peace loving, tree hugging, ND hawks.

leave the fighting to the Irish

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish this was going to be the new logo, but I don't think so.

image.jpg

They might be able to get that one. I'm not sure any real team is using it and the designer is definitely looking for a big team to pick it up. Obviously it was designed for the Blackhawks but would look good on ours as well..

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Part of me really hopes someone at UND (once Kelly is finally the F out of there) realizes there's still a chance to do something right. Pay homage to the North Dakota tribes with a logo that (as above) respects their heritage and history with the new *gag* Fighting Hawks nickname.

But the realist in me thinks they'll get a graphic design student to bang one out in an evening and we'll be stuck with a cartoonish, unoriginal, POS logo.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard that the artist who came up with the last Sioux logo has been hired to design the new one. Guessing he will just "tweak" the old one and we'll have a very similar logo. And Hawks is an acronym for How About We Keep Sioux.

So the design around the new logo will have "Fighting" above the logo and "Sioux" below the logo in big letters. IN fine print you will see the words: "hawks --how about we keep" surrounding the logo... think?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77