Wabbits

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The number of rabbits along Veterans Boulevard in south Fargo/West Fargo has grown to a herd. I wish I were able to get a pic but it's a big field. You can head out there in the evening and easily count 20-30 in the dirt field just driving down the road. I snapped this pic of some in the ditch while I was waiting behind other vehicles at a stop sign. I wanna catch em, make a coat.

image.jpg

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate those bastards, anyone got any tricks to keep them out of food plots? They mow them off before the deer, I really don't want to shoot them and raise a bunch of hell where I want the deer to be.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate those bastards, anyone got any tricks to keep them out of food plots? They mow them off before the deer, I really don't want to shoot them and raise a bunch of hell where I want the deer to be.

Whisper pellet gun. We would shoot the rabbits from an old house the deer just looked at them while they were floping.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody have any good recommendations for a good pellet gun? got a few pissed off looking jacks eyeballing my garden.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whisper pellet gun. We would shoot the rabbits from an old house the deer just looked at them while they were floping.

I threaded my .17 just for that reason, it's stupid quiet but I just don't like going into the "sanctuary" before bow season. I watch it from about a half mile away and I can see loads of them in there. I can't believe how many there are, I guess we whacked too many coyotes, I haven't seen very many dogs at all during spring's work.

- - - Updated - - -

anybody have any good recommendations for a good pellet gun? got a few pissed off looking jacks eyeballing my garden.

My son got one of those Gamo quiet cat or something like that, it's the break action spring fired one and it's way louder than a suppressed .17

That guy on YouTube that has the high speed pellet guns "Ted's Hold Over" is the channel, you'd probably get some ideas. I didn't check into them but I imagine they're not cheap.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently picked up a Beeman Quiet Tech dual caliber. It takes about 30 seconds to switch calibers. Then I ordered some heavy Pellets from Midway. So far I have only been splattering fruit.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I threaded my .17 just for that reason, it's stupid quiet but I just don't like going into the "sanctuary" before bow season. I watch it from about a half mile away and I can see loads of them in there. I can't believe how many there are, I guess we whacked too many coyotes, I haven't seen very many dogs at all during spring's work.

- - - Updated - - -

My son got one of those Gamo quiet cat or something like that, it's the break action spring fired one and it's way louder than a suppressed .17

That guy on YouTube that has the high speed pellet guns "Ted's Hold Over" is the channel, you'd probably get some ideas. I didn't check into them but I imagine they're not cheap.

Ya there is an old house in the middle of his sanctuary we sneak into that is a great blind so we never blow any deer out.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Most pellet guns suck at shooting good groups. I recommend buying several, shooting them, and returning them until you find one that shoots good groups. Buy a variety of pellets too. Some guns shoot great with one pellet and horrible with every other pellet.

I shot and returned 4 or 5 until I found a good combo. Must have killed a hundred varmints with it since.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74