What brand is a good electric anchor

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend looking for an electric anchor for their pontoon. I believe it is a 22'. Anybody have any experience with electric anchors and what a good brand and weight would be?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had an 28 pound MinKota since 2003 and it still works good. Don't know anything beyond that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have had an 18 pound MinKota since 2003 and it still works good. Don't know anything beyond that.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend looking for an electric anchor for their pontoon. I believe it is a 22'.

A 22' anchor would hold the titanic and require roughly the diesel/electric motor out of a train engine to lift. I hope they have a mighty big boat. I don't think I could lift 1 link on the chain for that thing.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
A 22' anchor would hold the titanic and require roughly the diesel/electric motor out of a train engine to lift. I hope they have a mighty big boat. I don't think I could lift 1 link on the chain for that thing.

Doesnt take much to hold the titanic in place anymore :;:thumbsup

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pontoon is a 22'. They do not yet have an anchor. We are looking for advice on purchasing a good one. We are also wondering what weight we should use. Does that spell it out any clearer?

- - - Updated - - -

Prairie, which size anchor do you have? Is it the 18 or 28lb? Also, what size boat do you use it on?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pontoon is a 22'. They do not yet have an anchor. We are looking for advice on purchasing a good one. We are also wondering what weight we should use. Does that spell it out any clearer?

- - - Updated - - -

Prairie, which size anchor do you have? Is it the 18 or 28lb? Also, what size boat do you use it on?

I knew what you meant when you started, I tried to make a funny.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 372
  • This month: 174
  • This month: 173
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 79