What is your dream boat?

Victory

The one you are saving your pennies for. The one you’ll maybe never have but wish you did. The one that makes you perk up when it flies by you on the lake.

Right now I have an older Ranger 620, but my dream boat would be the 622.

Can a man ever have too much room? I say no.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Yar-Craft 219TFX would be my dream boat. I'd like to have one someday but that day is a long ways away haha. For now, my Sylvan Viper does just fine.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am just lucky to have what I do. I would like to upgrade to a glass boat someday, but that will be a long ways down the road.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Running an 1850 Reata now, would love to upgrade to a 2050 Reata or 2080 angler. I need a boat that is a good mix of fishing/watersports for about another 5 years. After that I'd say a warrior 208 would be at the top of my list. Or any other 21' deep V that has a ton of room behind the windshield and does not have the horse shoe storage.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've loved my 04 Lund Fisherman and wouldn't bat an eye in replacing it with the same. A dream boat though would probably be a 20+ ft Tyee GL with a maxxed out non-Mercury engine, 12" graphs for everyone on board.

In reality though, what I have learned is that no boat is universally acceptable based on the conditions and target species. It would be nice to have 3 boats, a small (12-14 ft boat) for those little lakes without ramps, the 20+ ft glass boat for hardcore fishing on big water, and my current fishing Toon for when I have the kids and friends out on the water. Crap, may as well throw in a kayak or canoe as well. And if I lived near saltwater, I'd probably want a 24 ft ocean going shark chaser.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I think it is a 622, but the gas bill of a 400 hp motor keeps me from even considering it, but I still think I prefer the open cabin over the horseshoe storage, but I flip flop on that.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've loved my 04 Lund Fisherman and wouldn't bat an eye in replacing it with the same. A dream boat though would probably be a 20+ ft Tyee GL with a maxxed out non-Mercury engine, 12" graphs for everyone on board.

In reality though, what I have learned is that no boat is universally acceptable based on the conditions and target species. It would be nice to have 3 boats, a small (12-14 ft boat) for those little lakes without ramps, the 20+ ft glass boat for hardcore fishing on big water, and my current fishing Toon for when I have the kids and friends out on the water. Crap, may as well throw in a kayak or canoe as well. And if I lived near saltwater, I'd probably want a 24 ft ocean going shark chaser.
Aint that the truth. I have a little aluminum 12’ boat with just an electric motor, and a cheap little Lund tiller for the Tailrace. I’m too chicken to take the glass boat on the Tailrace.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
1991 Warrior 17.7 with a 1991 75hp Merc tiller on it that I paid $6 grand cash for 15 or 18 years ago.

Would I like a newer bigger boat? Absolutely, but then I would have to make payments on it.

MicLee, don't fret taking a glass boat to the race, just take it easy as life isn't about speed\going fast.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Flying Dutchman (209 TFX Yar-Craft) was and is my dream boat. It's 12 years old, but it's bought and paid for. This is the only new thing I have ever bought. A good friend and I made a road trip to the plant while they were building her.

The year after I bought it, they did up the HP to 300 and rhino line the trailers. I can't bring myself to replace it as getting a new one wouldn't really get me anything more than payments and a few more MPH. I added a pair of new Helix 's this summer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Flying Dutchman (209 TFX Yar-Craft) was and is my dream boat. It's 12 years old, but it's bought and paid for. This is the only new thing I have ever bought. A good friend and I made a road trip to the plant while they were building her.

The year after I bought it, they did up the HP to 300 and rhino line the trailers. I can't bring myself to replace it as getting a new one wouldn't really get me anything more than payments and a few more MPH. I added a pair of new Helix 's this summer.
Same,

My Lund 1900 ProV owes me nothing, I fish 10 times a year, pull a tube maybe 2-3 times a year. It would be neat to get the fancier glass version, but I love my only expense is the gas, and oil to make her go.
If I was to replace with the exact same boat, it would cost me probably triple what I paid for her, makes no sense to do anything at this point.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dreams i cant dream anymore. Prices are to high. When boats excees 3/4 ton denalis. = stupid.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
One purchased with cash available. I have no appetite for taking out a 5-10 yr loan for 9 month/yr usage tops IMHO. For example sake, $85,000-10yr loan at 4% would be $860 bucks a month payment, each and every month for 120 months. $18,000 in interest over that time frame, thus paying back a total of $103,000! For me personally, writing a check for $860 in those months when its friggening freezing out would be a tough pill to swallow. I'm getting old! haha as there is no way in hell i personally would be spending that amount of dollars as personally it would not pen out for me. To each thier own however.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67