What tactic for family fishing

Victory

If you are the one taking friends and family out fishing, which tactic do you employ the most, or what tactic do you feel is the best in these situations where you are simply wanting to put some novices on fish (and fun)?

KDM

★ Legendary Member
Founding Member
Find the spot and spot lock or anchor up. Drop jigs, or split shot and hooks, or whatever STRAIGHT DOWN!!! No casting whatsoever. Everybody can fish with whatever bait they want and all the boat driver has to do is net fish. I've fished 7 in my 19 ft boat doing that and everyone caught fish and had a blast. Safe, Easy, and Effective. Good for kids and a full boat. Good Luck!!

NG3067

Start late, and end early. I try make it more about being together and having fun than actually catching fish. Make sure you have great snacks and when my kids start getting bored, move and do something different. Always stop at Garrison for ice cream on the way home. You’ll know if your too intense when you find yourself fishing alone.

MicLee

Established Member
Founding Member
Dragging a jig and minnow has worked well for my boat and the new to fishing groups. That and cold beverages.

Rowdie

Honored Member
Founding Member
BB usually is my go to with the family and kids. If I can find a good spot to jig I would but normally the BB method will keep everyone more entertained. Just don't pick a snaggy areal. Cranks maybe, but they are a little dangerous. They reel them up too far and I don't want anyone getting hooked.

Recent Posts

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 38