Wind

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who taking on the wind tomorrow? After seeing diddle schitz today for deer, opting out tomorrow, was west of 3A1 saw nothing. Any body hunting NW 3A1 seeing any movement?

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm going out to play tomorrow. Probably not for long though. Couple hours in the morning, come home and nap during Vikings game, and a couple hours tomorrow night.
I don't even have a tag...two of my sons do, and I have yet to make them field dress a deer. Always mean to, but it's either dark or cold. If we get one tomorrow I'll probably blow it again because I will be frozen and just want it done.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quite honest, I will be out tomorrow. Lighten up the camo, put a pack on, lighten up the boots, and get ready. With the wind tomorrow out of the west I have done this well over a 100 times.

Find a big cattail area. Find the trail, usually coming out of the cattails to the NW. Head in very very slowly right on that trail. This part is very important, keep looking right and left as the big buck is going to be tucked in, if not then you will walk right by him as he will not get up.

Also, you are gonna be walking with your safety off as you will see coyotes break out, maybe a fox, maybe a bobcat, and I have seen a few mountain lions. You will see very few birds.

All happens super quick, these deer are going to be there. Hope some of this helps.

-Brek
0687D456-5E64-4B92-8CAE-CDC4F4CF0806.gif

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be out in 4b again seen everything except what I have a tag for I seen a beautiful ram and his 6 ladies got within 50 yrds it was the highlight of the day.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been working 3 weeks straight with 0 days off.

Not working today because you can't spread fertilizer in a 60 mph wind.

I have opted to hold the couch down today. 😊

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quite honest, I will be out tomorrow. Lighten up the camo, put a pack on, lighten up the boots, and get ready. With the wind tomorrow out of the west I have done this well over a 100 times.

Find a big cattail area. Find the trail, usually coming out of the cattails to the NW. Head in very very slowly right on that trail. This part is very important, keep looking right and left as the big buck is going to be tucked in, if not then you will walk right by him as he will not get up.

Also, you are gonna be walking with your safety off as you will see coyotes break out, maybe a fox, maybe a bobcat, and I have seen a few mountain lions. You will see very few birds.

All happens super quick, these deer are going to be there. Hope some of this helps.

-Brek
It’s not legal to hunt at the zoo.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Piss on this wind and the beginning of winter. The older I get the more I want to hibernate until spring.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Alot of topsoil and corn leaves changing hands today. Going to have "leaf banks " by tonight. Took the Lab for a run awhile ago and she put a whole new meaning on "DOG TRACKING" LB

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
See how this snow forecast goes, quite honestly I like alittle bit of snow for tracking and see if they are frequent the area, not not this 1 foot of snow crap, shuts down the section line driving access.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
We hunted for a little bit this morning. It didn't long to realize it wasn't worth it and decided to go home.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
This ditch is acting like a tumbleweed sluice box. Wild wild west here at home....

No hunting today. Will be at it in the morning!

20221106_153533.jpg

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, it's windy.
I've seen flying squirrels in my years and travels, but I saw my first flying deer, about 15 feet above the ground, heading due East....along with 2 combines and a JD tractor.(sarc)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Land scape sure has changed. Every fence row is now a hiddy hole for deer. Full of tumble weeds and corn leaves. Fence lines are like single row shelterbelts now and the same color as deer. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75