"stillhunting" binocs?

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big question is what is your price range guy? I'm an optics junky and am here to help. :)

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF turned me on to the Cabela's Euro HD 10x42 and I am very happy with them. They normally run 1,200 but a couple months ago they had them on sale for 900, plus you got 100 Cabela's bucks. Not sure if they are still on sale or not, but well worth the money.

He must be getting commission because I picked up the same pair and got them for the same deal. Then I bought a Leica rangemaster 1600 with $100. Then I lied to my wife and told her I was done buying toys for a while. Hmm

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love the Swaro CL Companion 10x30
I wanted something small and light as I use them mostly for bow hunting whitetails. I think they are 18 OZ
Can stuff inside my jacket if I need them out of the way. Light, crisp viewing and don't notice they are hanging around my neck until I need them

Update
I now see The CL is twice your max range.. I looked hard last year and finally decided to blow my budget and get what I really wanted. No regrets so far;)

Last edited:

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of Scheels Paragon ED. Have had them for about 6 months. Great in low light, pack them in one of my cargo pockets when bow hunting until in the stand, but usually have them hanging on the tree next to me. Cant stand anything on my chest when bow hunting. Total fear of have to drawing and sh!t being in the way.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about the vortex compact viper bino's $320-$400 on the cabelas website. I really like my viper HD's

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
at this point I would normally read you the riot act about the usual jerkoffs ruining the seriousness of this web site

but I don't think Juanr has fully recovered from the trauma of the last one - so you're lucky and I'll let that slide Duck

funny-long-term-relationship-barbie-ken-toilet-brushing-teeth-pics.jpg

Fricken excellent, and you are right, I still have hurt feelers for being scolded like a little bad puppy...haha

- - - Updated - - -

western ND, and Devils Lake, sandhills all have patches of trembling aspen ("poplar"). if you hunt morels you tend to take note of that species. I'll be hunting in the Killdeer area. my eyes just aren't what they used to be so I want very convenient "glance" capability.

yes LOV2, SDMF was kind enough to let me know about that fantastic Euro deal too - but after wrestling with it I decided I didn't need a "large" pair - but rather a very compact pair I can walk a lot in, bowhunt with, have on my chest along with grunt/bleat calls, etc.

basically a set of "opera" binocs?

I will be in Texas middle of next week until the middle of the week after, however if you are going to be in western ND shoot me a pm and I can purchase you some stella's and grill you a nice elk steak.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
He must be getting commission because I picked up the same pair and got them for the same deal. Then I bought a Leica rangemaster 1600 with $100. Then I lied to my wife and told her I was done buying toys for a while. Hmm

No commission, just don't like to listen to folks whine when I've made a recomendation. (grin)

lionslayer25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vortex 8x42 talon hd. Put them to the test this season and I think they match the swaro and Leica optics except in really really low light situations.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to Scheels over lunch and fondled the goods. I found these Leupolds to be the bees knees. Love, love, love the balance and the way the open bridge design lets my little t-rex hands adjust the focus and hold the binoc with one hand (bow/rifle in other hand, etc.)

Thoughts?

[h=3]BX-3 Mojave Binoculars [/h]
369-367-1100x500.jpg

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to Scheels over lunch and fondled the goods. I found these Leupolds to be the bees knees. Love, love, love the balance and the way the open bridge design lets my little t-rex hands adjust the focus and hold the binoc with one hand (bow/rifle in other hand, etc.)

Thoughts?

BX-3 Mojave Binoculars

Those would be the ones I recommended. I love them . . . easy to use, wide view, and really clear. I've been very happy with mine.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So tim.... you had your hands on them and walked away to kick the tires some more? Classic! Fwiw, they look like winners to me.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy,

The Mojaves in 8x32 or...?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great bang for the buck and leupold has always had first class customer service, for a very long time.
Looks like weight wise they are in your wheelhouse as well.
Same ? 32 or 42?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK so I am thinking about getting some binos for ice pirating and guide prohibited activities, which pair do you guys suggest. I don't want to pay over 150$

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55