2018 Fish House Project

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time is money. What do you have more of? What’s your time worth?

That's true. And although my time is valuable like anyone else's, I did have a lot of fun working with my father-in-law and neighbors, learning things and now have something I built to have pride in. My two boys enjoyed spending some "grandpa time" and "helping" as well as you can see in the picture. My wife did not enjoy the fact that I spent a few hours on the weekends and took up most of the garage with tools/materials all summer and fall. However, I think it will be great to get the four of us out fishing sometime soon for a weekend trip. The boys have been begging to go "camping" in the fish-house.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The boys can say we helped dad and grandpa, thats is priceless. Now everybody carve their name on the wall and mark the height of those young-uns.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For projects that involve the family, and if you don't take time away from your paying job, I never consider the labor as a cost. My grandson helped me with mine as well as a brother in law. My grandson still considers the house "OURS". He didn't spend one dime but quite a bit of grandpa time. Labor is free when it makes no difference in your income. For me labor is only a cost when you actually take time off from your regular job and don't get paid for that time off.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs johnr pays me for sex time

833c56a2c2886c806546488f898e8661eb61fc6a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1999_Obverse_Proof.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's true. And although my time is valuable like anyone else's, I did have a lot of fun working with my father-in-law and neighbors, learning things and now have something I built to have pride in. My two boys enjoyed spending some "grandpa time" and "helping" as well as you can see in the picture. My wife did not enjoy the fact that I spent a few hours on the weekends and took up most of the garage with tools/materials all summer and fall. However, I think it will be great to get the four of us out fishing sometime soon for a weekend trip. The boys have been begging to go "camping" in the fish-house.

I'm just wondering how much you fish outside? If I ever build/buy a nice wheeled house, I would need a window on each side. Especially if I had some boys, 4 lines each :). Also they would be low enough to see out while sitting down, and placed where I could sit and see out and see my lines. Outside lines are the ones that usually catch all the fish.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just wondering how much you fish outside? If I ever build/buy a nice wheeled house, I would need a window on each side. Especially if I had some boys, 4 lines each :). Also they would be low enough to see out while sitting down, and placed where I could sit and see out and see my lines. Outside lines are the ones that usually catch all the fish.

I have an insulated Eskimo 3i. I've taken my neighbor's kids out in that a few times over the last three years. My thought and intent is that my boys probably are going to want to be doing some outside time anyways- sledding, snowball fights, pulled on Grandpa's snowmobile a bit. I'll probably utilize the ice house as a sleeping/eating/napping/TV watching retreat when we go out, unless it's really cold.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure why to many people would be concerned about time spent working on it unless you truly turn down jobs (direct loss of income) to work on a project. If you would be sitting at home in the evening and weekends anyways to me that is money saved by not paying someone else to do the work for you. Also it is pretty cool using things you built yourself. Great job on the ice house.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with Riggen&Jiggen. Spent plenty of weekends doing nothin but sitting on my ass. Putting my free time towards the house projects, and building stuff like deer blinds, chicken coops, ect is all money i saved. And in turn learn some valuable skills

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88