Bismarck Traffic Lights News Story

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think I said anything about WASTING someone else's dime. Just took the time it takes and of course as a professional driver, safety was preached to us everyday. so yea! take the time it takes to be safe is what i was told!! We were threatened in losing our job if we were in an accident whether it was our fault or not. So a little precaution on our part is all I'm getting at.

Getting caught speeding in a government vehicle was a no-no also.

If ya'll were on the clock, it would be different. just sayin'

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just glad they spent millions on them little blue lights. What a great usage of tax dollars

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are the blue lights for?

I don’t think you’ll believe me if I tell you but here goes......they’re omni-directional lights designed to let law enforcement know when the light changes

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup. A light, on a light...

The blue light turns on...when the red light turns on...so that police can see from any angle that the red light, is in fact "on". Instead of ya know, looking at the red light...

I wonder how much that genius idea cost tax payers...just to write more tickets to said tax payers...or if it will even hold up in court when challenged against a ticket...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sun guards on most lights block sideviews.

The guards also prevent people from "cheating" - seeing the opposing lane turn yellow so they just keep rolling at high speed to time it right.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sun guards on most lights block sideviews.

The guards also prevent people from "cheating" - seeing the opposing lane turn yellow so they just keep rolling at high speed to time it right.

Not my problem as a taxpayer. And no, they dont make me safer. All they do is enable cops to write more tickets. If they need help of these lights to pull over red light runners, than we need better cops. Not that hard to stake out an intersection with proper viewing angles.

But I regress, lets just put additional infrastructure on every traffic signal. Is the juice worth the squeeze? Not even close.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my only point was the cops can’t currently see the red lights at an angle - nor can anyone else if those “tubes” are installed

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those little blue lights certainly do help a guy trying to time lights, even though i know thats not the intended purpose. No more guessing when my light will be changing as i'm rolling up on the intersection.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 255
  • This month: 216
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72