Hockey and observations from a midlife crisis

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as you aren’t doing a line of coke of a whores ass, you’re fine

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i don't know why any parent would put themselves through being a hockey parent. only thing that makes sense is living out their dreams through their child

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could go on and on replying to this thread.

First, there is nothing wrong with the occasional line out of a hookers ass. Makes you feel young again.

I've got 2 kids in hockey 14 and 8. It consumes a good part of the winter. Every year I am more concerned about wich parents are on our team vs wich level my son makes. You get a good group of parents and its alot of fun weekends on the road. Like anything there are some that get a little to excited and ruin it for the rest. I've made my son play almost all sports and hockey ended up being his passion so he's committed to it.

There are several leagues in bismarck for all ages. I've always said I was going to do it. But coaching and helping out makes one spend way to much time during the season I couldn't think of spending any more. Over summer there is plenty of pick up beer league hockey if one gets the pitch. You can also hit up most outdoor rinks on any given night and play a low key game with league kids and whoever else shows up.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now is a good time to look at getting out fer a rip in Bismarck/Mandan for adult hockey.
There are multiple leagues
"A" League for former college guys, high school players who can still wheel and skate, they have a friday noon pickup skate and then have formed teams for sunday evening play.
the MRAHL.com has a "B" and "c" league
These teams are for less skilled or tad bot older players but guys who juat want to have fun, a couple cold ones after, maybe before and durring too, but good times.
The league teams are a bit more difficult to get on due to the fact we do rank the players and do everything we can to "balance" the teams so competition is even, but we are always looking for more players to fit, especially average players, thats actually tough to find.
However we do start up our Saturday night pickup hockey very soon and that is THE BEST way to get back on the ice and givr to see where you are, we'll let you know if your too good and encourage you to find the A leagues froday noon skate but I dont remember every telling anyone they weren't good enough to skate with us. Its a good time, is very low cost and easy to ease into.
Check the website and get on the email list to explore further www.mrahl.com.
P.S. He who brings beers to saturday pickup to share is popular fast.
There is also an older slower group that skates sunday as well if thats a fit, notso much a competitive league as just slower shinny, but a good time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88