I wrote a semi cheesy little kids book for my sons.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
So there I was this Christmas, looking for a gift for my little kids that would feel personal and have something to do with hunting, because well, I really like hunting. I don't know if other people do this, but when I'm on hunting trips and away from my family, I feel pretty guilty. It's like I am excited to someday get my sons into the outdoors with me, but until they get old enough to come with I have to leave them behind. I made this so they could read it when I'm gone. I haven't tried publish it yet because honestly I have no clue if anyone else would want it. I'd love to hear your feedback.

COVER.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aaron I think this is a great idea for a reading subject. I remember reading to my boys when they were young. Would be a great book for moms to read to kids at bedtime when dad is gone hunting or fishing. It might be a little short though. Maybe add more detail about what dad does when he's hunting, or add in fishing too. Title: Daddy is a Sportsman? Shouldn't be to hard to lengthen it...always seemed like we read our kids 2 or 3 books at night or about 10-15 minutes. If you could make this like a 5 minute read it would be just fantastic. I like the artwork too!

Seems like NDA is a great place to market it. Pride of Dakota would be a good start to get this out there too. Lots of small businesses carry PoD products so you may be able to get it into one of their stores. Places like Etsy or even Facebook would work too. Do you have to publish stuff like this, or can you find a local printer to get things started?

Between parents and grandparents from the Midwest looking to buy gifts, you may have a winner here!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nicely done! Very thoughtful and will mean even more as your son grows.

You need to quickly write the sequel "That One Time I Took You Bow Hunting" :) That was a cool video....

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty cool man! I've actually had the same thought while out hunting, glad you brought your idea to fruition!

Bobkat

Established Member
Excellent, NPOAaron! Did you do the illustrations too?
I have a good friend started writing for the heck of it and now is completing his third or fourth kids/adults book. More like short stories published online . He’s enjoying it so much he turned down an afternoon fishing last week as he was working with his publisher and illustrator. LOL
Ever think of publishing stories like this? I’ll show him your “ book” when I have coffee with him later.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome! I think you should make an adult version I can give to my wife, when I go on hunting trips. Maybe the words will mean more if they are in "book form".

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now lets see a "Daddy Loves To Fish" !
And a "Daddy Loves to Fish/Hunt" with a girl. I would've bought one tonight for my buddy who just had a little girl! I think that is a market to tap into - people buy tons of stuff for new parents!

You might just have something here if you can market it....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84