Minnesota walleye poaching for vikings games

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20220324-212508_Chrome.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So this picture pops up in the Add portion of the thread.....LOL....

IMO guides do more damage to the systems than any other fisherman.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get a fishing license every year as it is cheap at my age and the wife keeps saying one day maybe. Maybe this year i will trade my bamboo pole in for a new rod and fish. The last time i remember fishing was as a young lad catching bullheads on the Cheyene River for the cattle tank in the barn. Once has a bullhead live all winter in that half-frozen tank.

I eat steaks, bacon but once ate a fish stick at school on Friday due to hunger. Glad i have no skin on this problem to bitch about other than the warden. Do enough bitching about the elk and me and Game Warden Jason from Jamestown had a half hour visit on that today.

Any information on how to keep elk away legally please let me know. Had 100 live the whole winter on my 1.8 acres during the night and retreat to Canada during the day. db

Lol...db,so your elk herd is still messing with ya eh?

near my home we have a apple tree farm and a large whitetail deer population that calls this farm home,the farmer ties cheap bar soap around the base of these trees,morning dew energizes the soap stink the deer avoid...plus my group thin's the hurd out as well with nusince tags,not sure if this would work on elk,but maybe try it or a coyote full size decoy...

I've seen motorized owl decoys folks use on they're lake home beeches and docks to keep geese away works on pigeons on buidings too as they shit all over,would be cool to use a motorized yote decoy at your place and watch how the elk react.

- - - Updated - - -

Rowdie,

I've stayed at allen's motel for years during pheasant season and hunted geese with Gary on the brule rez during december months over the years,I always gave him shit about the dink walleyes they catch,never seen a pic of a 3lb'er on up at his place,he's was a great guy if he's still above ground?

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never heard of the outfit....Didn't know if it was a fake pic or not. I just found it funny how that ad found it's way to this thread. Had to take a screen shot of it. The pic is classic, especially popping up in this topic.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh it's real....just an old pic....pretty sure SD has a 15" mininum on this stretch of the river these days like the eastern part of S.D....dunno for sure

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:
Yes the herd grew and they were there all winter.
Game an Fish tells me i am wrong and the landowner up there do not want any outsiders up there or so they say messing around.
Did try the soap and not sure if it help.
Electric fence did help protect the trees somewhat but need to put more permanent fence up.

Whitetails are gone with the elk being there so i have other spots to work with for the whitetail and will get more aggressive on what i try. Some boomers from the days of sunflowers. Maybe no feed in the feeders would be my best bet.

Told him there are many elk in this state including one other area about 70 miles away. Told me
their count was 6 bulls in that area. Told him last spring as i walk the area, i had 9 bulls walk by me. Said 2 were shot and one of them must have die. ok i guess i can buy that. Ha Ha.

Did you get the 55 Buick? Send picture if so. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93