Sak No boat ramp at saddle butte

Runner

Just an FYI. Hale marina is located there , according to google and google maps there is a boat ramp/boating access, but there is no such thing. The last mile to get there turns from gravel to a dirt road you wouldn’t want to be on after any rain. Was able to barely launch my jet ski from the rocky beach on level ground, but a boat would be impossible. They should really correct it so other people don’t make the same error.

Fishing was good early. Got 3 walleyes all around 16” between 10am and noon, didn’t get another bite though until I left at 3 when wind started to pick up. Being it’s been like this all year (other than the last week of may/first week of June, when they were biting all day) I should really start fishing earlier, but my true passion is running not fishing, and I’m not giving up my long morning run. I only pretty much use bottom bouncers with crawlers, I probably need to start learning jigs so maybe they’ll bite those later in the day.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can see from google maps that there is no ramp and its just a primitive gravel road/two track to the water. Maybe at some point there was a plank ramp there but that spot looks very susceptible to water level changes so it could be high and dry or under water. Game and Fish does list it as an access but it doesn't say Usable. Before venturing to any new spot I always look at GNF website and also google maps and ONX to take a look at what I'm getting into. Also note that things change throughout the year on the Missouri river system, Sak has went up almost 18' this year.

1689683922282.png

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have used that area in the ice season, seems like there was some type of ramp at the time, but it was winter, and 4 years ago or more

Runner

There were 2 docks in the water about 10 feet just no ramps or way to really use them. Would be a good place to park and have lunch but not really launch. I did see google maps didn’t look good before I went , but those images are often old and this web page said new road! So I figured it would be nicer, was actually a pretty cool area, they should put a permanent ramp there

https://www.ndtourism.com/mandaree/places-stay/campgrounds-rv-parks/hale-marina

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can't fathom getting up to go for a run before heading to the lake fishing. Kudos to you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88