River boat

VMAX

Check out MN a guy can often save a fairly big chunk of change by buying over there.
I picked up an 18' Lund Alaskan with a 50hp Yamaha tiller a few years back in Detroit Lakes for much less than anything I found around Bis.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a new Lund today. Now I don't have to search any more

- - - Updated - - -

Polarpower

To the guy that asked "what's a river boat"....if we're talking the Missouri in the Bismarck area, nothing less than 21 ft fiberglass with 300 hp minimum :)

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

You go with the lund fury? I have been in the same postion as you the last couple year but am looking for a smoking good deal, dont need another boat but sure would be nice for a few of the smaller lakes around that don't have a camp just backing off a ditch.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the problem with prices on these smaller used boats is that nobody really buys new boats this size anymore, so the used market never has more inventory. Its kind of a rotation of the same 70's-80's red Lunds with a few 90's-00's. These boats hit a certain price and just never go down anymore, in fact with the outrageous cost of new boats, they almost start to increase in value again at a certain point if they are well taken care of.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just seen one on Craigs list for $600

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
2017 fury with 40 Yamaha and this will last me my lifetime

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do most prefer a tiller for the river, or is a console preferred to be sitting more forward in the boat to spot trouble?

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a crestliner sc 16.5 with a 90hp great river boat. Ive had a tiller before and the reason i went with a sc was when you get into a cross wind the water breaks and throws a shower on the back not on me.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do most prefer a tiller for the river, or is a console preferred to be sitting more forward in the boat to spot trouble?
For some reason tillers seem to be thought of as better river boats. I've owned a 16' Lund tiller for 17 years and although its a great little boat boat, yes it can be hard to see objects from the back of the boat, yes they are colder, and yes they are wetter. There are many times i wish i had about a 17.5 single counsel.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 5
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1