Rtic cooler zippers

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody with an Rtic cooler ever have a zipper break, then try to find a replacement?

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, but if you are in GF send me a pm. I can hook you up with a person that has zippers and a repair person. Or just send it back.

All my zippers get lubed on a regular bases

dsharp83

Founding Member
Founding Member
So why is that??
As opposed to the yuppy ass over priced yeti coolers?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody with an Rtic cooler ever have a zipper break, then try to find a replacement?

What exactly broke on the zipper? This detail maybe more helpful. Possibly posting one of those picture graphs on the inter web might help as well………..

Otherwise, contacting the company might not be a bad idea.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The actual metal zipper separated. I have tried to contact RTIC and all I got was automated response asking for my order # when I submitted a question asking where or how to order a new zipper or at least get the zipper size. Still waiting to see what kind of a response I get after giving them a "dis-satisfied" review.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remember exactly what RTICs response was to me when I had a zipper break. I do know that it wasn't under warranty, and I think the cost to ship the cooler to them + the repair was too much. I ended up buying a new cooler and tossing the old one. I concluded that I got my moneys worth out of the old one. Almost everyone I know with a soft RTIC has had a zipper failure.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does not matter how much you lube it, it will break. I just happened to have a small shackled master lock in my tool box that fit perfectly in the old zipper base. That is now the new zipper handle. I know plenty of people with the same problem. I feel if you get a new zipper it is only a matter of time.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Yeti zipper has never failed, and I only lubed it once when new.
Probably used over 100 times.

Yuppy wins again.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So far so good on a RITC insulated tote bag but we went through two of the soft pack coolers in as many years and the zippers went to hell on both. They also have those foam spacers for the corners that never stay in place and always disappear. no more of those for us!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88